Topics

Parts or replacements for Antal 120x18 genoa sheet blocks

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

As we prepare for the sailing season this spring, we've noticed our genoa sheet blocks are in pretty bad shape.  Some of the ball bearings are cracked or crushed.  At the very least, I think the bearings need to be replaced.  I wouldn't be opposed to replacing the whole blocks.

Does anyone know where I can get replacements?  I've looked around on the Antal website and they don't seem to make this exact model anymore (they still make it in larger sizes though).  This block is the closest I've been able to find, but it looks like the shackle can only be at 90 degree angles (the existing blocks have the shackle set at about 45 degrees and it doesn't seem possible to rotate).  Would it work?  That shackle angle seems pretty important to me.  I also discovered this replacement sheave which looks like it might fit our existing blocks, but I'd probably have to contact Antal to confirm.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Mike Ondra

Hi Ryan,

We replaced our cars in 2016, exactly as original as custom made for Amel by Antal Italy.

US distributor Euro Marine Trading in Newport, RI. Very good to work with.

Hope they are still available. Good luck.

Mike Ondra,

Aletes SM#240

Currently stuck/vacationing in San Juan, PR eager to head home to the Chesapeake. That is Aletes, not her owners.

Mike,

You received the quote from Antal Italy in Euros, you pay the same amount converted into US$. Which currently is  x1.12.

They will be shipped from our warehouse in. Newport/RI

They are currently not in stock in Newport but can be included in the next shipment from Italy to Newport.

Since this is a non-working product, the order is final and shall have to be prepaid by credit card.

You may confirm your order by calling the EMT office at 401-849-0060.  Ask for Annelies.

Regards

Siebe

Euro Marine Trading

Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 6:54 AM
To: mdondra@...
Cc: Siebe Noordzy <siebe@...>
Subject: Fwd: RE: genoa car for SAmel

we can offe a 40x8 genoa car with a sheave for the sheet diameter 75mm  and 44 mm thick and with two beckets , one in front and one in the back and without stop pin
 price : 232.00 euro
transport is not included .
payment : credit card
delivery : two weeks
regards

Mike,
here attached required picture , this is a special car we did for Amel , we still have some in stock...
Euromarine trading , antal distributor for USA, will send you an offer  including transport to :

we can offer a 40x8 genoa car with a sheave for the sheet diameter 75mm  and 44 mm thick and with two beckets , one in front and one in the back and without stop pin
regards

antal srl unipersonale
via del progresso 10 - 35127 padova italy  - 
www.antal.it
tel.
++39 049 8701265 / 8702655 fax ++39 049 760906

Ryan Meador

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the info. We might want to replace our cars soon, but what we're looking for right now are the blocks (pulleys) that are at the aft ends of the tracks.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 2:19 PM Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

We replaced our cars in 2016, exactly as original as custom made for Amel by Antal Italy.

Mike Ondra,

Aletes SM#240

Currently stuck/vacationing in San Juan, PR eager to head home to the Chesapeake. That is Aletes, not her owners.

Mike,

You received the quote from Antal Italy in Euros, you pay the same amount converted into US$. Which currently is  x1.12.

They are currently not in stock in Newport but can be included in the next shipment from Italy to Newport.

Since this is a non-working product, the order is final and shall have to be prepaid by credit card.

You may confirm your order by calling the EMT office at 401-849-0060.  Ask for Annelies.

Regards

Siebe

Euro Marine Trading

we can offe a 40x8 genoa car with a sheave for the sheet diameter 75mm  and 44 mm thick and with two beckets , one in front and one in the back and without stop pin
regards

Mike,
here attached required picture , this is a special car we did for Amel , we still have some in stock...
Euromarine trading , antal distributor for USA, will send you an offer  including transport to :

we can offer a 40x8 genoa car with a sheave for the sheet diameter 75mm  and 44 mm thick and with two beckets , one in front and one in the back and without stop pin
regards

antal srl unipersonale
www.antal.it
tel.

eric freedman

Rig Rite might also have the blocks, They are up in Rhode island.  https://rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Sheaves.php.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ryan Meador
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 3:35 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Parts or replacements for Antal 120x18 genoa sheet blocks

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the info. We might want to replace our cars soon, but what we're looking for right now are the blocks (pulleys) that are at the aft ends of the tracks.

Ryan and Kelly

SM 233 Iteration

Boston, MA, USA

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 2:19 PM Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Mike Ondra,

Aletes SM#240

Mike,

Regards

Siebe

Euro Marine Trading

regards

Mike,

regards

Error! Filename not specified.

antal srl unipersonale
www.antal.it
tel.

John Clark

If you have an older SM I recommend you take a hard look at the Genoa sheet cars.  I had one fail in light wind.  Bill Kinney had similar failure mode.  20/30 year old gear.  I got my new ones from Euro Marine.  Easy to work with and prompt delivery.  

John Clark
SV Annie SM37
Just arrived in USVI from US east coast.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 4:54 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Rig Rite might also have the blocks, They are up in Rhode island.  https://rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Sheaves.php.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ryan Meador
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 3:35 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Parts or replacements for Antal 120x18 genoa sheet blocks

Hi Mike,

Ryan and Kelly

SM 233 Iteration

Boston, MA, USA

Hi Ryan,

Mike Ondra,

Aletes SM#240

Mike,

Regards

Siebe

Euro Marine Trading

regards

Mike,

regards

antal srl unipersonale
www.antal.it
tel.

Stephen Davis

Hi Ryan,

I recently replaced my genoa blocks with new Antal blocks supplied by Euro Marine. The blocks that came with our boats are now out of production. I'm attaching a picture of the blocks I purchased for $350 each. They attach with webbing or dynema, and I actually like them more than the originals. If you are interested in these, contact Siebe Noordzy at Euro Marine . He is knowledgeable, and will help you to find something that will work.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

siebe@...

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Ryan and Kelly,

I refurbished my original turning blocks by replacing both the needle bearings and the race bearings.  Works like new.  These were sourced in NZ and total. Cost was less than NZ$300… 

Best of luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, Opua, NZ.
Jean-Pierre Germain

On 5 Apr 2020, at 04:53, Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As we prepare for the sailing season this spring, we've noticed our genoa sheet blocks are in pretty bad shape.  Some of the ball bearings are cracked or crushed.  At the very least, I think the bearings need to be replaced.  I wouldn't be opposed to replacing the whole blocks.

Does anyone know where I can get replacements?  I've looked around on the Antal website and they don't seem to make this exact model anymore (they still make it in larger sizes though).  This block is the closest I've been able to find, but it looks like the shackle can only be at 90 degree angles (the existing blocks have the shackle set at about 45 degrees and it doesn't seem possible to rotate).  Would it work?  That shackle angle seems pretty important to me.  I also discovered this replacement sheave which looks like it might fit our existing blocks, but I'd probably have to contact Antal to confirm.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Heinz Stutenbaeumer

Hallo JP

Can you sent me the Address, I am in New Zealand in Whangarei in the moment.

Thank You

Heinz, SM 2000, 292

heinz@...

Von: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Germain Jean-Pierre
Gesendet: Sonntag, 5. April 2020 18:02
An: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Parts or replacements for Antal 120x18 genoa sheet blocks

Hello Ryan and Kelly,

I refurbished my original turning blocks by replacing both the needle bearings and the race bearings.  Works like new.  These were sourced in NZ and total. Cost was less than NZ$300… 

Best of luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, Opua, NZ.

Jean-Pierre Germain

On 5 Apr 2020, at 04:53, Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly

SM 233 Iteration

Boston, MA, USA

eric freedman

I have used Garhauer blocks, vangs, and other products  on my boats for over 25 years. They are bulletproof, extremely well made, extraordinarily strong and have a 10 year unconditional guarantee. In addition they are ½ the price of almost all name brand blocks, and are made in the USA . The stainless in not made in China.

I carry a complete set of replacement Garhauer blocks for every block on Kimberlire.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

https://www.garhauermarine.com/products

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen Davis
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:49 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Hi Ryan,

I recently replaced my genoa blocks with new Antal blocks supplied by Euro Marine. The blocks that came with our boats are now out of production. I'm attaching a picture of the blocks I purchased for $350 each. They attach with webbing or dynema, and I actually like them more than the originals. If you are interested in these, contact Siebe Noordzy at Euro Marine . He is knowledgeable, and will help you to find something that will work.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

siebe@...

Matt Salatino

Garhauer’s customer service has been continuously excellent over many years.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Apr 6, 2020, at 5:43 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I have used Garhauer blocks, vangs, and other products  on my boats for over 25 years. They are bulletproof, extremely well made, extraordinarily strong and have a 10 year unconditional guarantee. In addition they are ½ the price of almost all name brand blocks, and are made in the USA . The stainless in not made in China.

I carry a complete set of replacement Garhauer blocks for every block on Kimberlire.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

https://www.garhauermarine.com/products

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen Davis
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:49 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Hi Ryan,

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

siebe@...

<image001.jpg>