Topics

Parts or replacements for Antal 120x18 genoa sheet blocks

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

As we prepare for the sailing season this spring, we've noticed our genoa sheet blocks are in pretty bad shape.  Some of the ball bearings are cracked or crushed.  At the very least, I think the bearings need to be replaced.  I wouldn't be opposed to replacing the whole blocks.

Does anyone know where I can get replacements?  I've looked around on the Antal website and they don't seem to make this exact model anymore (they still make it in larger sizes though).  This block is the closest I've been able to find, but it looks like the shackle can only be at 90 degree angles (the existing blocks have the shackle set at about 45 degrees and it doesn't seem possible to rotate).  Would it work?  That shackle angle seems pretty important to me.  I also discovered this replacement sheave which looks like it might fit our existing blocks, but I'd probably have to contact Antal to confirm.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Mike Ondra

Hi Ryan,

We replaced our cars in 2016, exactly as original as custom made for Amel by Antal Italy.

US distributor Euro Marine Trading in Newport, RI. Very good to work with.

Hope they are still available. Good luck.

Mike Ondra,

Aletes SM#240

Currently stuck/vacationing in San Juan, PR eager to head home to the Chesapeake. That is Aletes, not her owners.

Mike,

You received the quote from Antal Italy in Euros, you pay the same amount converted into US$. Which currently is  x1.12.

They will be shipped from our warehouse in. Newport/RI

They are currently not in stock in Newport but can be included in the next shipment from Italy to Newport.

Since this is a non-working product, the order is final and shall have to be prepaid by credit card.

You may confirm your order by calling the EMT office at 401-849-0060.  Ask for Annelies.

Regards

Siebe

Euro Marine Trading