Topics

Pasarelle / swim ladder SM

Alan Leslie

Hi all SM owners,

Our swim ladder is just that, we have the wheels and the deck step end but none of the parts to make it into a usable pasarelle.
Does anyone have the specifications for the original pasarelle board and handrail tubes for the swim ladder on an SM?
Even some clear  pictures would be good.

Thanks
Cheers
Alan
ELYSE SM437

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Alan, I have them and if you dont get help elsewhere I can pull it all out and photograph it for you. Let me know.

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

Mangonui

New Zealand

On 24 September 2020 at 12:27 Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Hi all SM owners,

Our swim ladder is just that, we have the wheels and the deck step end but none of the parts to make it into a usable pasarelle.
Does anyone have the specifications for the original pasarelle board and handrail tubes for the swim ladder on an SM?
Even some clear  pictures would be good.

Thanks
Cheers
Alan
ELYSE SM437

David Kurtz

I have mine set up now and I’ll be on my SM2 on Friday.  I’ll send photos.  I am also going to make a new plank for the passerelle because mine is coming apart. I’ll send along a dimensioned drawing.  (Might be a week or two.)
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan

Alan Leslie

Thanks Danny,
I'll let you know.
Alan

Alan Leslie

Thanks Dave,
That would be great !
No rush, I'm not going anywhere for a while !
Look forward to the photos and drawing.
Cheers
Alan
ELYSE SM437

Cathy & Guillaume

Hi Alan,

Here are a couple of pictures of ours, if it can help. The wheels were changed by me and are not original (couldn’t find them). Not on the boat at the moment, so cannot take dimensions.

Guillaume
Carpathia III - SM2K #293
Now in Athens

Mark Barter

The previous owner of Nunky replaced the boards with Flexi Teak and it looks great. I am back at the boat next week so I will take some photos of what he did. I will also measure it.
--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky

Alan Leslie

Many Thanks Guillaume
Alam

Alan Leslie

Many thanks Mark
Alan

David Kurtz

OK, here are some photos and also the dimensions of the original plank for the passerelle.  The chrome stanchions are ~28” long with a custom eye at the top for the safety line.  I think when I make a new plank I’m going to duplicate what I have now.  I like the small cross battens for the stability they provide when the plank is wet.

--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan