Topics

Passerelle

Vic Fryzel

Hi,

Can folks please link me to any resources in terms of actually attaching the passerelle to the stern? I've found a couple of photos, but mostly in the photos it seems as though folks are just tying it to a stanchion and/or davit, and it's otherwise free to roll. Is that correct assuming I set the appropriate springs?

Thanks!
-Vic "Moon Dog" SM248

Denise McGovern

Vic,

On ours, the wheel side goes on the dock and the boat side has a short pole that goes into one of two available corresponding holes on the stern (one on deck and one on the top step). This allows the passerelle to pivot.

Hope this helps. Someone will likely have a photo for you soon.

Denise McGovern
S/V CARA
SM 440
Chesapeake Bay

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020, 3:40 PM Vic Fryzel <vic.fryzel@...> wrote:
Hi,

Can folks please link me to any resources in terms of actually attaching the passerelle to the stern? I've found a couple of photos, but mostly in the photos it seems as though folks are just tying it to a stanchion and/or davit, and it's otherwise free to roll. Is that correct assuming I set the appropriate springs?

Thanks!
-Vic "Moon Dog" SM248

Vic Fryzel

Aha! Thanks that makes perfect sense. Thanks for helping me figure that out!

eric freedman

There are a number of other things for the passerelle.
Attached to my starboard backstay is a tubular rod that swings down and goes into a ring welded to the starboard side of the passarelle.
This prevents the passerelle from swinging back and forth.
The starboard halyard on the mizzen is connected to a piece of bungee cord. It attaches to the the stern most port loop on the top of the passerelle. If you adjust the tension correctly the passerelle will not touch the dock and to enter or exit you just pull the bungee cord down to the dock. Lastly there are 2 stainless poles with a thick line connecting them. The shackle attaches to the same spot as the bungee cord, then a stainless pole into a hole in the passarelle, more line and then the second pole into the passarelle. Finally there is a thinner line that ties to the middle stanchion on the stern. This makes a nice hand rail to balance while entering or exiting the boat.
You will find that this setup works best in the lower hole in the dstep on the stern
Fair Winds,'Eric
sm 376 Kimberlite

On August 5, 2020 at 3:48 PM Denise McGovern <Mcgovern.denise@...> wrote:

[...]

This is really great info. Will try all of this out! Thanks!

-Vic "Moon Dog" SM248

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 6:40 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
[...]

Also, have folks had the steps/platform redone on their passerelle? Mine are missing. Just curious if anyone has any advice there too.

Thanks!
- Vic

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 8:38 AM Vic Fryzel via groups.io <vic.fryzel=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Craig Briggs

Edited

Vic,
There are some "standard" teak steps available that have non-slip grooves on one side. You may have to trim them a bit.  You can also cut grooves in a flat board with a table saw.
The steps screw onto the tabs of your ladder from the bottom side. When you install them, first put the passerelle plywood in place, turn it upside down and then lay in the steps so they will support the plywood along its length after they are fastened. (The end ones, in particular, need to be spaced so the plywood can slip into its retaining structure.)
Hope this helps.
By the way, where is Moon Dog locarted.
-- Craig, SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

eric freedman

I purchased Plasteak material (google it). They sold it to me with grooves cut into it. It is almost the same width of the swim ladder steps, same thickness and has been on board in the sun for about 12 years and has not faded. I think it was 12 feet long so they shipped it cut in half. . I looks exactly like teak. boat ran into my ladder years ago and broke a few steps.
I just wish Amel used this on everything wood outside the cabin.
Fair winds,
Eric
sm376 kimberlite

On August 6, 2020 at 11:41 AM Vic Fryzel <vic.fryzel@...> wrote:

[...]

Randall Walker

Lasi heard Eirie Pennsylvania.

Randall
A54#56

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 6:22 PM Craig & Katherine Briggs via groups.io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Vic,
There are some "standard" teak steps available that have non-slip grooves on one side. You may have to trim them a bit.  You can also cut grooves in a flat board with a table saw.
The steps screw onto the tabs of your ladder from the bottom side. When you install them, first put the passerelle plywood in place, turn it upside down and then lay in the steps so they will support the plywood along its length after they are fastened. (The end ones, in particular, need to be spaced so the plywood can slip into its retaining structure.)
Hope this helps.
By the way, where is Moon Dog locarted.
-- Craig, SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Slavko Despotovic

Hello,

this is how is done on my Amel SM 2000.

regards,