Topics

Personal Kent Kristy--Onan Generator exhaust temperature switch - great price.

eric freedman

Hi Kent,

I will be on board Kimberlite until Oct-28 ish. I will then head to somewhere in the Caribbean.

Depending on Covid.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of eric freedman
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:22 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Personal Kent Kristy--Onan Generator exhaust temperature switch - great price.

Hi Kent,

Looks like I will order the switches Monday.

Please send me your mailing address.

Fair Winds

Eric

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:29 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Onan Generator exhaust temperature switch - great price.

Thanks Eric,

Ive had two go bad in the last year. Please order three for me.

We'll be coming down from Maine in late Sept.  Will you be home then?

Thanks.

Kent & Iris

Kristy

SM 243

On Jul 28, 2020 8:37 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I have broken a few of these switches over the years. I have done this by reaching over the generator to retrieve something stored behind the genset.

I received a quote from my Onan dealer and on Amazon for around $90- plus tax which is ridiculous.

I tracked down the OEM manufacturer and the cost is about $23- plus a one time set up fee of about $50- I plan on ordering 2 of these. They stated that they make this for ONAN. If anyone is interested please let me know and I can order them for you $33- each plus USPS of about $8.00.

I will order the switches within a week.

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite