Topics

Peter Grimm's 110% Caribbean Jib

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

2-27-2003 I have just spoken with Peter Grimm of the Sail Depot in
Florida. He indicates that he has built several dozen 110% 9.5 oz
cloth jibs for Amel Super Maramus. Has anyone in this group used
one of his sails and what has been your experience? It seems that 90%
of my sailing in the Caribbean is with the Amel Jib furled about 50%
and then we have poor shape and a lot of flutter in the leech despite
repeated efforts to adjust the sail, the leech line, the jib cars
etc. etc. His price is approximately $2900.00 US. I would welcome
any feedback on this.
Thanks, Gary Silver
s/v Liahona Hull 335,
currently in Secret Harbor, Grenada