Pipe feeding heating in main rear cabin

Nicolas Klene

Hi all
After a cold winter on board ,I would like to install for the next one , heating through pulsed air in the main cabin.
For that I need to have a stainless steel pipe going through the rear head built. I have the plan from Amel but a few pictures of how it does look like would be helpful.
thank you in advance if someone can help
fair winds
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Nicolas,

Attached are photos of our Eberspacher heater pipe that runs through our head. I have seen another Amel who modified their stainless pipe to have a small vent in the aft head that could be open to blow hot air onto the clothes/towels on the rack.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

On Friday, April 30, 2021, 1:01 am, Nicolas Klene via groups.io <laixoi@...> wrote:

Hi all
After a cold winter on board ,I would like to install for the next one , heating through pulsed air in the main cabin.
For that I need to have a stainless steel pipe going through the rear head built. I have the plan from Amel but a few pictures of how it does look like would be helpful.
thank you in advance if someone can help
fair winds
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico
SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Slavko Despotovic

Here is how is done on Bonne Anse.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Rob Smith

Hello I've just seen your email on the main Amel forum. I have a SM and am very keen to learn more on how / where you have installed all the heating system?

Kind regards

Rob

S/Y FORESIGHT
SM#152

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021, 14:14 Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io, <southernadventurer=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

Attached are photos of our Eberspacher heater pipe that runs through our head. I have seen another Amel who modified their stainless pipe to have a small vent in the aft head that could be open to blow hot air onto the clothes/towels on the rack.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, April 30, 2021, 1:01 am, Nicolas Klene via groups.io <laixoi=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all
After a cold winter on board ,I would like to install for the next one , heating through pulsed air in the main cabin.
For that I need to have a stainless steel pipe going through the rear head built. I have the plan from Amel but a few pictures of how it does look like would be helpful.
thank you in advance if someone can help
fair winds
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico
SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Nicolas Klene

Thank you Slavo for the picture of the outlet in the rear cabin 👍!
Is it practical ? Can you close it to have air only on the bathroom ?

--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico

Nicolas Klene

Hello Ross and Donna
thank you ever so much for the pictures ,that will help me a lot
kindest regards
nick

--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico

eric freedman

Nicolas,

Amel delivers the boat with no holes in the heating tube in the head.

Ian and Judy on PenAzen had the factory drill holes in the tubing in the head.

It was a great idea, so I had Amel do the same on Kimberlite. You can close the flap on the heat vent in the aft cabin without harm to the heater as the other outlets just put out more air.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Thank you Slavo for the picture of the outlet in the rear cabin 👍!

Is it practical ? Can you close it to have air only on the bathroom ?

--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico
SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Slavko Despotovic

Hi,

it is fine, and yes you can close it. The only problem is that it limits the opening of door of the cabinet as you can see on the photo. Closing will cause more air coming from other outlets as pointed by Eric.

Best regards.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Nicolas Klene

Hi Rob
I have the tech drawing from Amel....
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico

Rob Smith

Hi Nick
Thanks I will need to try and blow the pictures up as the quality isnt great. Where have you installed your diesel heater?
Many thanks
Rob