Topics

Polar Diagram for Super Maramu

Zanareva

Has anyone seen, or had developed, polar diagrams for the Super
Maramu? I'd be interested in seeing them, if you have them and can
share them. I believe there's commerical software that there that
will produce these diagrams that'll predict how fast the boat
will/should go given wind speed and wind angle.
Thanks
Richard
SM #5 Spice

galacsea2000 <no_reply@...>

A couple of years ago I asked La Rochelle if they would share the
polar diagram. They said they did not have any.
As a user of MaxSea (Navigation Software developped by "Informatique
& Mer", I then turned to Informatique & Mer who also said they did
not have it. I too would be very interested in the diagram.

Any computer wizard/descent helmsman out there in Amel Land able to
plug a PC to the B & G and read/update in real time the boat & wind
speeds and wind angle?

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "closereach
<closereach@y...>" <closereach@y...> wrote:
Has anyone seen, or had developed, polar diagrams for the Super
Maramu? I'd be interested in seeing them, if you have them and can
share them. I believe there's commerical software that there that
will produce these diagrams that'll predict how fast the boat
will/should go given wind speed and wind angle.
Thanks
Richard
SM #5 Spice

Zanareva

Thanks. I've sent an email to USSAILING.ORG (formerly USYRU) to see
if they have a 'Performance Package' on the Super Maramu. They have
quite an extensive database of yachts with this performance data
computed but I couldn't find any Amels on their list. Their standard
non-member fee is $200 but I don't know if that requires an actual
hull to measure, etc.
Richard

--- In amelyachtowners@..., galacsea2000 <no_reply@y...>