Topics

Polar Files for Amel 54

Alexander Hofmann

Hey Amel54 owners!
Who can send me a polar file which works well with Amel54 please?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Alexander
SY Oceanica I Amel54#156
DACJ 211 625 220

Scott SV Tengah

Alex,

I can't remember where I got this from and haven't verified the accuracy, but here ya go.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

Alexander Hofmann

Hi Scott,
thanks a lot, very helpful!!!
If you navigate with TZ Navigator (former MaxSea), do you have the similar Polar Data stored for navigation (under "Polar" in the main menue line at the top of the screen)?
If not I can do this manually also.
Have had a look on your website. Like very much of your concept of sustainable travel. Gives me new ideas and insights. I do this on my SY Oceanica I Amel54#156 with 2/3 energy autonomy on anchor and 100% while sailing long distance via solar, 2 wind-gens and 1 hydro-gen Watt&Sea, and in my business, with a lot of success. Sustainability and and environmental and climate protection is THE road to success, also in economics, if you do it right and long-terms. Bravo for your concept!!!
Fair winds
Alexander

Scott SV Tengah

Thanks Alex, we do need to update the page more often, but Tengah keeps us busy. :)

Aside from the Furuno VX2, we use OpenCPN to navigate. They do have some weather routing plugin but I haven't messed around with it. Be interested to hear if you can use the polar file and if it's helpful.  I think the forum downsizes attachments quite a bit, so if you need a higher Rez version of the polars, message me privately.

That's great that you have those additional renewable sources. I'm jealous. I keep hearing conflicting things about the desirability of windgens but it seems you're pretty happy with yours. I did a round the world overland about a decade ago and after calculating my impact during that trip, I made a promise to make this go around a little less environmentally damaging. Glad to see you're well on your way there!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69