Topics

Potentiometer for compass light

Peter de Groot

Does anyone have a source for the 680 ohm wire wound potentiometer that dims the light in the compass?

After multiple internet several internet searches and two purchases, I can’t find a good match.   The last unit I bought was 1000 ohm at 25 watt but the quality was so poor the shaft barely turned, and contact to the wires was intermittent

I contemplating changing the circuit to get away from needing that type of potentiometer

Peter de Groot
Sm207 ,la Querida
Moss Landing, CA

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School