Topics

Propeller. Bowthruster lost. Sm435

Arthur Sundqvist

I need some pictures to understand how to fit the new bowthruster propeller. Propeller and 6 nyloscrews are gone. The round nylon with Tap is there. Can I use that old one and screw the new propeller into it??  Boat in water. Want to do it diving with tanks underwater....
kindest regards
arthur Sundqvist
sm435. Vista
Panama. Shelter Bay

You should replace the delrin hub and screws. Search PHOTOS for "thruster" on the Group website. There are plenty there.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 9:06 PM Arthur Sundqvist <arthur@...> wrote:
I need some pictures to understand how to fit the new bowthruster propeller. Propeller and 6 nyloscrews are gone. The round nylon with Tap is there. Can I use that old one and screw the new propeller into it??  Boat in water. Want to do it diving with tanks underwater....
kindest regards
arthur Sundqvist
sm435. Vista
Panama. Shelter Bay

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Arthur,

Scroll down the pictures of the Bow Thruster illustration:

http://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_overhaul.html

I once scuba dive to replace the propeller, sadly to discover later that the hub holding the propeller was wobbly… because of elongated holes and end up having to overhaul it

http://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_lost_propeller.html

Other informations:

http://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_spin.html

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 02:06:48 AM UTC, Arthur Sundqvist <arthur@...> wrote:

I need some pictures to understand how to fit the new bowthruster propeller. Propeller and 6 nyloscrews are gone. The round nylon with Tap is there. Can I use that old one and screw the new propeller into it??  Boat in water. Want to do it diving with tanks underwater....
kindest regards
arthur Sundqvist
sm435. Vista
Panama. Shelter Bay

Kevin Cole

Hello Arthur,
I have had to replace the bow thruster prop underwater. I found that the easiest way align the nylon screws to the hub, was to use 3 stainless screws about 1/4-1/2” longer than the nylon ones. Then I used stainless screws (same size as nylon) to draw prop onto hub. Once the prop is secure to hub, I replace the stainless screws with the nylon. It was easy. Easier than taping prop onto hub with mallet and trying to align the nylon screws.
Ps. We will be in shelter bay March 17. I have spare hubs/pins/screws if you need

Cheers Kevin
SM2 Anahita #276
Bocas Del Toro Panama

On Mar 10, 2020, at 6:48 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

[...]

Linda Melton <lindajmelton@...>

I replaced mine. Screwdriver, snorkel and mask and calm water. Straightforward job.
Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96

Arthur Sundqvist

Thanks Bill!
I dive down replace the delrin hub and mount the new propeller with new nylon screws.
See if it works out under water. Then zincanod on prop
  I replaced under water in some minutes that was easy…
Kindest regards
Arthur

10 mars 2020 kl. 06:39 skrev CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

You should replace the delrin hub and screws. Search PHOTOS for "thruster" on the Group website. There are plenty there.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 9:06 PM Arthur Sundqvist <arthur@...> wrote:
I need some pictures to understand how to fit the new bowthruster propeller. Propeller and 6 nyloscrews are gone. The round nylon with Tap is there. Can I use that old one and screw the new propeller into it??  Boat in water. Want to do it diving with tanks underwater....
kindest regards
arthur Sundqvist
sm435. Vista
Panama. Shelter Bay

Arthur Sundqvist

Good Morning Alexandre.
Thank you  for showing me all very informative pictures.
Sincerely
Arthur

10 mars 2020 kl. 06:48 skrev Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...>:

[...]

Thank you Kevin for good instructions.

Kindest regards
Arthur

10 mars 2020 kl. 08:04 skrev Kevin Cole <jkcsail@...>:

[...]

Thanks for sharing
Kindest regards
Arthur

10 mars 2020 kl. 07:34 skrev Linda Melton <lindajmelton@...>:

I replaced mine. Screwdriver, snorkel and mask and calm water. Straightforward job.
Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96

Arthur Sundqvist

Thank you all!
I scubadived and mounted the new Bowthrusterpropeller, delrinhub and new nylon screws..... I usel mmM8. Stainless steelsqrews as Kevin pointers out. 30 minutes in Water and preparing sqrews took 1 hour. I Sidney have the tight length . But I trimmed and modifyed what I had. The propeller sits tight with is importstopp..