Q sails unacceptable delay

Jose Alegria

Dear Amelians

Anyone know what's up with Q-sails.
I ordered a set of sails 3-4 months ago;  I made the full payment including shipping and I am 45 days past the deadline not having any concrete information about the arrival date of the sails
It is your experience too?

Thanks

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

tony wells

Hi Jose

I recently received a Code Zero and Asymmetric from them. There was a significant delay too but Cenk explained that, like many other manufacturers globally, they’ve been experiencing extremely challenging COVID-based supply-chain issues - from sail cloth to hardware.

Bottom line - we’re all in the same boat due to COVID interruptions but I’m very happy  with the sails. I hope your outcome is similar.

Tony Wells
Previous A54 Owner

Ps Dealer Ancasta tell me that Groupe Beneteau have stopped taking orders of new boats due to supply chain/price uncertainty. They’ve already raised their boat prices by 9% in 2021

On 6 Sep 2021, at 06:24, Jose Alegria <Josealegr@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians

Anyone know what's up with Q-sails.
I ordered a set of sails 3-4 months ago;  I made the full payment including shipping and I am 45 days past the deadline not having any concrete information about the arrival date of the sails
It is your experience too?

Thanks

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

Ian Park

Jose,
I ordered last October and they arrived in May this year. There has been a world shortahe of sail cloth. Their supplier in Germany was 40% down on its normal production. I think they may also have been short on staff too with COVID.
However I kept in touch by email, and they kept me informed of arrival date.
Unfortunately there was a problem with FedEx and British customs which caused a delay of another week which QSails quickly sorted out for me.
Unfortunately the sails arrived after I had left for the summer, so I won’t get them installed on the boat until next year.

They were always prompt in responding to my emails.

Ian ‘Ocean Hobo’ SN 96

Cathy & Guillaume

Hi Jose,

Sorry to hear of your issues with Qsails. I have bought a mainsail from them in July. My express condition to Emrah was: it has to be quick, shipped before the end of July, or no order. He managed to produce the sail in three weeks and ship to France. DHL and Customs in France was another story, and Emrah and his team were very responsive and helped solve the problem. I managed to get the sail litterally three hours before departing for my cruise, so just in time. The main is great (Hydranet).

I was quite impressed with the responsiveness of Emrah and the team. Whenever I contacted him on his number by Whatsapp, he called me back, responded or acted fast. Am planning to order genoa and mizzen from them next year, except if continued problems at their end.

Guillaume
Carpathia III, SM2K #293
Athens, Greece

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Don’t be surprised if your post is removed to write negatively…

Mine was a few months ago… while it was written in all fairness with documentation…

Still haven’t digest that one….

On Monday, September 6, 2021, 01:24:32 AM AST, Jose Alegria <josealegr@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians

Anyone know what's up with Q-sails.
I ordered a set of sails 3-4 months ago;  I made the full payment including shipping and I am 45 days past the deadline not having any concrete information about the arrival date of the sails
It is your experience too?

Thanks

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

Barry Connor

Hi Jose,

I just got an updated quotation 2 weeks ago for a new Genoa in Hydranet from Q Sails with a promised 3 week delivery by FedEx to Martinique. I could not get it in time from them when I crossed in late 2019.
I was going to pay upfront using my Visa Card when Bill advised to wait a few months as they were experiencing problems and had delays with shipping.
I will contact them again now and confront them directly as I was believing them that they would deliver on time within the promised 3 weeks.
I might suggest to them a 50% deposit using my credit card with a guaranteed credit card refund if they miss the agreed shipping date.
I can afford to wait as we will not be sailing until next year as all the Caribbean Islands are very difficult with entry.
Thanks again Bill for your heads up.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Le Marin Marina
Martinique

On Sep 6, 2021, at 07:23, Alexandre Uster von Baar via groups.io <uster@...> wrote:

Don’t be surprised if your post is removed to write negatively…

Mine was a few months ago… while it was written in all fairness with documentation…

Still haven’t digest that one….

On Monday, September 6, 2021, 01:24:32 AM AST, Jose Alegria <josealegr@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians

Anyone know what's up with Q-sails.
I ordered a set of sails 3-4 months ago;  I made the full payment including shipping and I am 45 days past the deadline not having any concrete information about the arrival date of the sails
It is your experience too?

Thanks

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

JB Duler

Jose, I never ordered from them but what I can tell you is that the supply chain is a mess worldwide.

We own a marine business with a plant in Rhode Island. This summer, at the peak of the season we had to simply stop deliveries and we could not get raw materials anymore.

Our business is low tech, no chips, no fancy electronics. We need aluminum bars and plastic for the extrusion machines.

The suplly chain for plastics/fancy fibers (Polyant , Mylar, carbon fiberss) or other products is clogged. Add transportation logjam for containers. The only exception is air shipping. I assume than less travelers --> empty planes --> planes could be converted to cargo shipping. But for our business shipping by plane is prohibitive. I assume it would be the same for QSails to get rolls of cloths by plane would be too expensive.

I have been trying to buy a downwind SUP  paddle since February. One manufacturer has a plant in China, the other in Thailand. I simply can't get one.

Good luck. Hopefully they are upfront about their problems and can tell you whether it comes from them (everybody is buying boats and secondary homes) or from their suppliers.

--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco

Barry Connor

Hi All,

Just an update:
Very quick response from QSails.
Emrah at QSails just accepted my order condition. Super fast response.
He advised of many delays with supply and shipping company problems with sails going missing in shipping and having to file insurance claims.
Payment by my Visa credit card is a safe way to pay as if the supplier does not deliver you can claim a refund up to 6 months.

Best Regards

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17
Le Marin Marina
Martinique

On Sep 6, 2021, at 08:47, JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:

[...]

Bryce Procter

Hello Jose,

I too had delays in receiving my sails from QSails. I ordered a full set of Hydranet sails, ballooners and a storm sail so it was quite an expense. Initially I was very concerned when there was a delay though have since received all of my sails and am more than happy with them.
The only real issue seemed to have been a poor line of communication. Thanks to Ken Powers from SV Aquarius this problem was quickly resolved and I would be more than happy to recommend QSails to anyone looking for new sails. I have in fact just done so to a friend of mine for his recently purchased 75' Royal Huismann.

Cheers

Bryce Procter
SM2K #467
Seamaster II

Yes, Ken wrote me when this happened and I stepped in and was in touch with QSails until they were shipped.

Your order was delayed because of a supply chain issue with Dimension Polyant, complicated by numerous broken promises to QSails.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com