Question for 50 & 55 owners about the bow thruster

Can you tell me if your bow truster is the SE170 or the SE250. I am fairly sure that you have the SE170, but need to verify.

Same question for the Amel 50.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

Theo s/v Paloma

Edited

On my boat (Paloma, Amel 50 hull #18) I have the Side-Power SE 210/250 TC. But, I have heard that other bow thruster models may have been installed on other 50s.

I have posted pictures and information of my boat's built process here: Cruisersforum Amel 50 Build Thread

Theo
s/v Paloma
Amel 50 #18.

Theo,

Thanks for that information. I believe that you may have a more powerful BT than the 55...I will wait until a 55 owner responds.

But, your answer brings up a question. What size fuse do you have?
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 9:22 AM Theo s/v Paloma <sailingpaloma1@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

On my boat (Paloma, Amel 50 hull #18) I have the Side-Power SE 210/250 TC. But, I have heard that other bow thruster models may have been installed on other 50s.

I have posted pictures and information of my boat's built process here: Cruisersforum Amel 50 Build Thread

Theo
s/v Paloma
Amel 50 #18.

Theo s/v Paloma

Bill,

I am not at the boat to check the fuse. The provided user manual is not specific to my boat. I visited the Amel factory several times, and I took the following picture of the bow thruster when it was prepped to be installed on my boat.

Theo
s/v Paloma
Amel 50 #18

Theo s/v Paloma

Another bow thruster picture at factory: