QUICK Water Heater

Elaine Leishman

We have just removed our Quick water heater from 1999 super Maramu to clean and service it.  Any advice on whether it is stainless steel, it's only slighty magnetic.  It's still the original heater and works perfectly but is very rusty inside.

Bill Kinney

Elaine,

The Quick heaters are stainless. 304 stainless is frequently slightly magnetic.  It's possible that the rust you see is more from the water than the heater.  Many sources of water are rich in iron, and it can precipitate when it is heated. If the inside lining is not rough and pitted I would clean it up and call it good.

Are you sure the Quick is the original heater?  I haven't seen any Quick equipment as original on an Amel.  I thought the only water heaters used in the SMs were Isotherms.  Certainly true on boat both older, and newer, than yours.  But Amel did experiment throughout the production run, so anything is possible.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Hilton Head, SC, USA

Michael Winand

Thanks Bill,  it is a 40l quick,  nautic,  made in Italy,  1998 , great work,  good clean needed and done,  no provision for annode inside the heater, it is connected to the rudder annode,  hope it lasts another 20years.
Michael,  Elaine  Nebo sm251