Topics

Racor Dual Fuel Filter

Bernd Spanner

Hi! How do you use your Racor? Just installed it on my SN .
Meaning
-when do you use a single filter?
-when donyou use both?
-when do you switch from one to the other?
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Matt Salatino

If your asking me, I have a caucus gauge on a T on the output of both filters. When the gauge reaches a certain vacuum reading, I switch filters. Also, if on a long motor passage, there is a sudden drop in engine RPM, I switch to the other filter.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On May 9, 2020, at 1:04 PM, Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:

Hi! How do you use your Racor? Just installed it on my SN .
Meaning
-when do you use a single filter?
-when donyou use both?
-when do you switch from one to the other?
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Bernd;

We always use ours on an individual filter setting. We change out the used filter, when we service the engine and generator annually. We currently put about 200 hours on the engine annually, so once a year is sufficient.

When we change the used filter, we switch to the other unused filter, mark the dates of install and change on a blue tape on the filter housing. We generally do not have any issues during the year. The one time that we did have the engine stall, as entering a tight anchorage, a quick change of the filter selection level, fixed the problem.

So, we only change the filter selection lever, if we run into an issue.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099