Topics

Replace Yanmar Exhaust Hose

Duane Siegfri

Edited

I'm about to replace the exhaust hose for the main engine from the waterlift muffler to the hull fitting.  Seems a simple task, but I'd appreciate any tips from those who have already been there.  I read one post where the owner used silicone to seal the joint between the hose and the hull fitting with the comment that Amel did this in the original build.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Thomas Kleman

Just did the main engine exhaust from the mixing elbow to the muffler. Discovered how important bend radius is in the hose. Mine was 4 1/2 inches and I needed every bit of that plus some wrestling.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422

Mark Erdos

Agree with Tom! Be aware of the bend radius. Once the hose kinks it is trash.

Rule of thumb; the bend radius of a corrugated wire reinforced hose is 4 times the inside diameter of the hose.

IMO – Silicone hoses are better (and more expensive)

Coat the elbow and exhaust fittings with dawn detergent for an easier fit.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff