replacement relais for sidepower bowthruster on an 54

Martin Birkhoff

Hallo to the group,
the relais fitted to our bowthruster is not original for sure and a cause of constant problems. It is an Albright relais but there are no specifications given on the housing. From a sidepower dealer I got the information that the original relais is not available.
Does anyone know if there is a suggested replacement relais?

Attached a pic of the relais as it is know. Easy to see that it is too big. On the right  of the pic to see that a part of the plywood had been cut away by the former owner to allow the bow thruster move up and down.

Martin

Mago del Sur - 54#40

I do not have the number, but I am sure SAV@... has it.

For reference here is what the correct relay looks like:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 7:14 AM Martin Birkhoff <mbirkhoff@...> wrote:

Hallo to the group,
the relais fitted to our bowthruster is not original for sure and a cause of constant problems. It is an Albright relais but there are no specifications given on the housing. From a sidepower dealer I got the information that the original relais is not available.
Does anyone know if there is a suggested replacement relais?

Attached a pic of the relais as it is know. Easy to see that it is too big. On the right  of the pic to see that a part of the plywood had been cut away by the former owner to allow the bow thruster move up and down.

Martin

Mago del Sur - 54#40

Lior Keydar

Dear Martin

I ordered the relais from Austria.
Side Power Art: 41371243   220 Euro
Side Power Art: 10013124   370 Euro (incl. the house of it)

I bought it from www.ascherl.at on 2017

I hope it helps.

Best
Lior, SHARONA A54 #18

Martin Birkhoff

Dear Bill, dear Lior,

thank you for pic and information!

Martin

Mago del Sur 54#40

Martin,

I am not sure that Lior's seal information is complete. Amel installs neoprene seals externally and internally on this bow thruster's lower unit 60mm tube. Here is a page from my Amel Book which illustrates the seals that Amel SAV will ship you for your bow thruster.

Bill

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 5:42 AM Martin Birkhoff <mbirkhoff@...> wrote:

Dear Bill, dear Lior,

thank you for pic and information!

Martin

Mago del Sur 54#40

Martin Birkhoff

Bill,

thanks for the page. I am happy to see that we did renew the seals exactly the way you describe.

Martin

-----
Martin und Anke Birkhoff
SY Mago del Sur

Basin des Chalutiers, Vieux Port
17000 La Rochelle
France
(0)173-2351308 (please add +49 calling from non German net)
mbirkhoff@... / ankebirkhoff@...
sy-magodelsur.de

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. März 2021 um 13:51 Uhr
Von: "CW Bill Rouse" <brouse@...>