Topics

Rig tuning A55

Joerg Esdorn

Does anyone have a procedure to tune the rig on the A55?  As is to be expected, my rig has stretched a bit after 4 seasons and I have tightened the lowers and the backstay on the main mast a few turns but I don’t think it is enough.  I think I also need to tighten the discontinuous Intermediates and the mizzen shrouds.  The uppers are tight to leeward going upwind but the lowers and intermediates to leeward are visibly loose in 15 kn or more.  so are the lowers on the mizzen mast.   On one of my race boats, I had a Loos tension gauge to make sure the rig was in tune for the conditions but I hope I can do this without.

Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem