Topics

Roller furling grease leak

mcgosprey2000 <no_reply@...>

Listmates:
My SM 2000 has developed what looks like a grease leak beneath the
furling motor for the genny. It appears as black spots under the
motor on the forestay. I suspect a failing seal of some type.
Before I open up the genny furling motor, does anyone have any sage
advice or similar experiences. Thanks
Michael Glass
"Second Call"
mglass@...
West Islip, NY

petervweston <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., mcgosprey2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
Listmates:
My SM 2000 has developed what looks like a grease leak beneath the
furling motor for the genny. It appears as black spots under the
motor on the forestay.
Don't panic!!! Don't undo anything. The grease that you are seeing
is grease that the factory used to slide the foil onto the forestay.
It is NOT coming from the furling motor. The only problem is that it
is very unsightly and all you have to do is clean up the mess.
This is the information that was given to me by M. Selo when I
visited the factory last summer.
Peter V. Weston SM 248