Topics

Rub Rail insert

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Unless its Fred

Danny

On 26 February 2020 at 10:41 "Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

Danny, I had not read your previous post about carrying davits and checking them in as baggage. This is good news ,its been many yrs. since I tried to check thru a large object. So I will just roll the two rub rails into the airport, and balance the bumper on my head. Bobs your uncle!
Thanks,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Feb 25, 2020 4:31 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Rub Rail insert

You should see the size of boxes that land in NZ as baggage from China, and go out as baggage for departing Chinese. That's not picking on the Chinese, its just a statement of fact.
Regards
Danny
On 26 February 2020 at 09:32 "Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

Danny, That is just what I suggested to Diane this morning when I realized they are too big to fit a suitcase. Just roll them in,with a rope handle. Can you still check something thru the size of a tire? Its been years since we used to transport large stuff,I thought there may be new restrictions ,since they have cracked down on baggage in recent yrs. 
Thanks,
Pat
SM#123

To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Feb 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi Gary and Pat,
You don't have to put your baggage in suitcases. Just wrap it well and if necessary for handling create a handle. Saves weight too. How many surf boards have you seen as baggage. I've seen quite a few
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl
On 26 February 2020 at 07:35 "Gary Silver via Groups.Io" <garysilver@...> wrote:

Pat,  I'll rummage through my paperwork and see if I can find the way-bill for the scupper shipment and see if it has a weight (standby).  My guess is it would take two large suitcases for the scupper (one for each side) but the weight would be less without the pallet.  

Stand-by for news.

Charles Bell

Welcome aboard Mark!

OK, we have Charles (me), Patrick, and Mark. Let's wait a couple of days to see who else wants to join us. 

In previous less than container shipments I have done, space was about $100-200/CBM (Cubis Meter) +documentation ($600-1000) +tariffs

Is anyone else jumping in?

Stefan Deerberg

Hi together!

I have some stuff from Germany ( sails, outboard engine etc.) 
I could bring it to FRANCE. Europe is a small country 😊
What would be the final destination of the Container?
Our boat is in Martinique or. Grenada, depends of the time.

All the best 

Stefan 
Not yet an owner of SM
but in preparation 

Stefan Deerberg 

CEO Deerberg GmbH 
Unternehmer/ Entrepreneur

Lilienthalstraße 1
21335 Lüneburg
Germany

Mobil: +49 172 7757444
stefan.deerberg@...
www.deerberg.de

Charles Bell

Hello Stefan,

I was planning to bring the container into Annapolis, MD or the port of Baltimore.

I have a location to receive the shipment, breakbulk, and reship or allow pickup.

Do you know the amount of space your parts might need in cubic meters?

Charles
SV Jupiter
Mango #29

eric freedman

I would be interested for the inserts for my Sm200 #376.
Fair Wind,Eric
Kimberlite

On February 26, 2020 at 8:54 AM Charle Bell <shipbldr2000@...> wrote:

Welcome aboard Mark!

OK, we have Charles (me), Patrick, and Mark. Let's wait a couple of days to see who else wants to join us. 

In previous less than container shipments I have done, space was about $100-200/CBM (Cubis Meter) +documentation ($600-1000) +tariffs

Charles Bell

Welcome aboard Eric!

OK, we have Charles (me), Patrick, Mark. and Eric. We will continue waiting a couple of days to see who else wants to join.

Charles
SV Jupiter
Mango #29

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 12:12 PM eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:
Fair Wind,Eric
Kimberlite

Welcome aboard Mark!

Gary Silver

Dear All:

I wasn't able to locate my waybill with a weight, but the invoice from Maud was as follows:
32 metres   3459 Liston De Coque Ivoire SM Ref P 000470 / Ivory Rubber scupper Material for Super Maramu   24,95 EURO unit price   Amount without Taxes    798  EURO

Transport and packaging   1,465 EURO
Insurance 12.00 EURO

Having hefted these two sections of 16 meters each I would estimate their weight at 70-90 lbs each. 

Sorry I didn't evidently keep the waybill. 

Gary S. Silver, M.D.
s/v Liahona
Amel Super Maramu 2000  Hull # 335
Puerto Dell Rey Marina, Puerto Rico

Patrick McAneny

Charles, If you end up doing this shipment, I would like to add a stern bumper as well,probably could fit nicely between the inside of the rolled up inserts.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

To: eric <kimberlite@...>
Cc: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Group Moderators <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 26, 2020 12:41 pm

Welcome aboard Eric!

OK, we have Charles (me), Patrick, Mark. and Eric. We will continue waiting a couple of days to see who else wants to join.

Charles
SV Jupiter
Mango #29

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 12:12 PM eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:
Fair Wind,Eric
Kimberlite

Welcome aboard Mark!

Stefan Deerberg

Hi Charles!

It will be approx 1.5 x 1.0 x 0.8 meter and the weight about 100kg.

My sister she is living in Charlotte, so I could ask her to pic up the stuff in your place. Our plan is, to sail up north in summer, so another possibility could be to pic it up by boat, if there is a suitable place to store it for a while?

Cheers 

Stefan 
from cold old Germany / Hamburg 

Stefan Deerberg 

CEO Deerberg GmbH 
Unternehmer/ Entrepreneur

Lilienthalstraße 1
21335 Lüneburg
Germany

Mobil: +49 172 7757444
stefan.deerberg@...
www.deerberg.de

Am 26.02.2020 um 17:20 schrieb Charles Bell <CruisingJupiter@...>:

Hello Stefan,

I was planning to bring the container into Annapolis, MD or the port of Baltimore.

I have a location to receive the shipment, breakbulk, and reship or allow pickup.

Do you know the amount of space your parts might need in cubic meters?

Charles
SV Jupiter
Mango #29

Karen Smith

Hi Mark,

Pending pricing detail confirmation, we are very interested in the possibility of joining the rub rail order and shipment to the US East Coast!

Has anyone researched having a custom extrusion made for the rub rails locally? In quantity it should not be expensive.

Could someone who has the rub rail sectional drawing from Amel email it to me?

Bill will explore the custom extrusion possibility!

Thanks!

Karen Smith
s/v Harmonie SM#160

Patrick McAneny

Karen , Maud sent me a drawing of the cross section ,but just looked at it, and its too crude ,not to scale. Perhaps if you pulled up the end of yours a couple inches and take a photo. If someone had a thin section ,that would be the best. Maybe a pencil tracing. Right now we need over 500 ft. and that could easily go to 1000 ft., I am sure.
Pat,
SM #123

To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Mark,

Pending pricing detail confirmation, we are very interested in the possibility of joining the rub rail order and shipment to the US East Coast!

Has anyone researched having a custom extrusion made for the rub rails locally? In quantity it should not be expensive.

Could someone who has the rub rail sectional drawing from Amel email it to me?

Bill will explore the custom extrusion possibility!

Thanks!

Karen Smith
s/v Harmonie SM#160