Topics

Rudder seal packing material

Paul Brown

Can you please assist?

I would like to purchase a stock of rudder packing material for my Amel 55 locally in Australia. Is there a supplier other than Amel or can I purchase from other distributors?

thank you in advance

kind regards, Paul Brown - Fortuna II Amel 55 #17

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Paul,

Any good chandler should handle this item.  I got mine in NZ at Cater Marine in Opua.  I believe all Amels use a 8 mm width.  Check yours and let us know the width; if you do not find it in OZ, contact Cater and they’ll ship to you.

Very easy to change; Google is your friend.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, Opua, NZ