From: Peter Baumann <mistymeadowfarm@...>
Date: 23/06/2020 21:19 (GMT+00:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] running rigging on Sharki

We bought Sharki 162 last fall and did not get a chance to sail her till now. Trouble is that sails and running rigging (I hope) are stored below deck and I have never seen the boat with the running rigging installed. Does anyone have a running rigging diagram or pictures that they would be
willing to share. The same question was asked in 2005, but the link in the answer is no longer active.
Thanks a bunch,
Pete

Aras

Morning Pete,
I have Hull #163 1988.  When you say running rigging, what do you exactly need?  I have the electric furlers, 2 downwind poles etc.  I can send pictures of my setup.

aras
Sharki #163 1988
Daytona

--
Aras Grinius

Peter Baumann

Morning Aras,
Electric furlers for Genua and main, manual on the mizzen. I have a box of shackles and blocks and three sail bags left by the previous owner. Any pictures of your setup would be helpful: main and mizzen sheet attachments, path of the genus sheets. Only send if you are on free WiFi. I’ll just try to figure out the puzzle until then.

Best

Pete

On 24. Jun 2020, at 14:46, Aras <aras.grinius@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mark,
I have basically never sailed on an Amel. It's not immediately obvious where the sheets are running. The previous owner or the boatyard also removed all the blocks. I see a lot of potential attachment points, but don't want to leave it all to trial and error. It's a shame I never saw the boat with sails attached. We did the sea trial under engine before we bought in the fall.  The sails and running rigging had all been taken down and stored. I am now trying to figure out how it all goes together. It's been blowing hard here the last few days, so there was no thinking about putting the sails on the furlers. We expect calm by tomorrow, so I am eager to get them out of the bags.  I wish I could send you some of the wind we are having right now :)
Thanks and all the best,
Pete

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Why don't you go on line and look for the Delos story. It is an SM sailing the world. I am sure the videos will show what you need. Like wise there must be photos in the files on this site that you can browse.

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 25 June 2020 at 21:34 Peter Baumann <mistymeadowfarm@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,
I have basically never sailed on an Amel. It's not immediately obvious where the sheets are running. The previous owner or the boatyard also removed all the blocks. I see a lot of potential attachment points, but don't want to leave it all to trial and error. It's a shame I never saw the boat with sails attached. We did the sea trial under engine before we bought in the fall.  The sails and running rigging had all been taken down and stored. I am now trying to figure out how it all goes together. It's been blowing hard here the last few days, so there was no thinking about putting the sails on the furlers. We expect calm by tomorrow, so I am eager to get them out of the bags.  I wish I could send you some of the wind we are having right now :)
Thanks and all the best,
Pete

karkauai

Where are you Pete? Maybe there's someone close by who can help sort it out?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy
St Michaels MD