sailing through Tunisian waters

Vladan SV PAME

Hello group,

I'm currently sailing 20 nm south of Sardinia towards south Sicily ( Ragusa )

Shortest way is going some 50 nm through Tunisian waters. Does anyone have recent experience sailing through Tunisian waters?

Do I need to report to Tunisian coastguard? I tried to get information from Italian coastguard but they could not understand simple English.

Best Regards,
--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Noon Site is usually a good resource:

On Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 06:39:00 AM AST, Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:

Hello group,

I'm currently sailing 20 nm south of Sardinia towards south Sicily ( Ragusa )

Shortest way is going some 50 nm through Tunisian waters. Does anyone have recent experience sailing through Tunisian waters?

Do I need to report to Tunisian coastguard? I tried to get information from Italian coastguard but they could not understand simple English.

Best Regards,
--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila

Hi Vladan
Aim for Trapani on the north tip of Sicily and you are in Italian waters all the time. Then follow the coast of Siciliy down to Ragusa.
There is many nice places to explor on your way.

Regards
Ann-Sofie Svanberg

Skickat från min iPhone

24/08/2021 kl. 12:48 skrev Alexandre Uster von Baar via groups.io <uster@...>:

Noon Site is usually a good resource:

On Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 06:39:00 AM AST, Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:

Hello group,

I'm currently sailing 20 nm south of Sardinia towards south Sicily ( Ragusa )

Shortest way is going some 50 nm through Tunisian waters. Does anyone have recent experience sailing through Tunisian waters?

Do I need to report to Tunisian coastguard? I tried to get information from Italian coastguard but they could not understand simple English.

Best Regards,
--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

Stefan Jeukendrup

Hi Vladan,

Here is our experience since 2018 we sailing inand out of Tunesian waters at least once a year, from all sides, we love Monastir, no Quarantine, just a test when we where last there in July. Its a wonderful marina to winter as well, many international liveaboards.
Keep your AIS and VHF on and the Tunesian coast guard and Navy will give you a friendly call by boat name.

We encountered so far one refugee boat in 3 years. That was in July this year mid way between Algeria and Spain. It was a fast low open boat loaded with people and it looked like a  routine crossing, obviously not in danger or in need of help so we stayed clear as our ships are not equipped to take groups people.

Hope this helps you,

If you have any other question feel free to ask!

Stefan Jeukendrup
sv Malaka Queen
SM2k #348

Op 24 aug. 2021 11:38 schreef Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@...>:

Hello group,

I'm currently sailing 20 nm south of Sardinia towards south Sicily ( Ragusa )

Shortest way is going some 50 nm through Tunisian waters. Does anyone have recent experience sailing through Tunisian waters?

Do I need to report to Tunisian coastguard? I tried to get information from Italian coastguard but they could not understand simple English.

Best Regards,
--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

Roy Zakheym

Hi Vladan
Just came back from a trip in the area (left our boat in Ragusa)
I can give you some nice tips regarding the coast line if you have the time there are a few nice places to see
You can write me in private
Best
Roy zakheym
Joanna 2 SM 442