𝗦𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗔𝗺el

Joerg Esdorn

Great work, Bill.  Much appreciated.   I am most impressed with the quality of construction of the Incidences Sails and I‘ve bought a lot of sails over the years from all the major makers like North, Doyle, Quantum etc.  The Incidences sails are holding up beautifully and I‘ve yet to have so much as a thread opening up!

One thing I would like to investigate is whether to have my next main and mizzen built with full length vertical battens like was suggested in a recent post on this site.  I see that Elvstrom is building these types of sails for all the Halberg Rassy boats with furling mains.  Bill, have you discussed that option with Incidences by any chance?

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle

Laurens Vos

Edited

Joerg that would be my question as well.
I had already contact with Stade sails, which Martin Birkhof advised in an other post.
He is very enthusiastic about his full length battens sail from Stade.
Yesterday I checked the website from Incidences but couldn’t find anything about full length battens sails.
I had contact with them last year when I asked for a proposal for a new main and mizzen on our A54.
When taking about battens they where even negative about short battens as in our Démé sails.
So I’m not sure if they will be positive about full length battens in their sails.
It could be a good idea to bring them a visit as we’re both in La Rochelle

Laurens
A54 - 92
Fun@Sea
La Rochelle

Joerg,

You made me smile with that question. You know me well enough to know that I did not discuss battens with Incidence. 😀

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar