Topics

Saint Maarten

Courtney Gorman

Hi All I would love a recommendation on where to leave my boat for a month in Saint Martin (Dockage)
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour

Alexandre Uster von Baar

I was just there a 6 weeks ago.

I would NOT recommend the French side.

On the Dutch side, I recommend first: Island Water World, they have the best price, I stayed there 3 months in 2017 and there was several other SM2K.  Just when you go to the dock, stay in the middle of the channel.

The other options are Simpson Bay Marina, but it is quite more expensive and unjustified in my opinion if just storing the boat.

I should back Mid-Fev, may be we meet.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 07:50:15 PM UTC, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi All I  would love a recommendation on where to leave my boat for a month in Saint Martin (Dockage)
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour

Matt Salatino

There are several good marinas. Both on the Dutch side, in Simpson Bay, and on the French side, on the north. Anse Marcel Marina, on the French side, is very protected.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 26, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi All I  would love a recommendation on where to leave my boat for a month in Saint Martin (Dockage)
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour

Alexandre Uster von Baar

6 weeks ago, Anse Marcel was still not repaired (from the Hurricane damages)

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 08:33:09 PM UTC, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

There are several good marinas. Both on the Dutch side, in Simpson Bay, and on the French side, on the north. Anse Marcel Marina, on the French side, is very protected.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 26, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi All I  would love a recommendation on where to leave my boat for a month in Saint Martin (Dockage)
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour

Matt Salatino

Good to know. I’m surprised they had much damage. The place is down a long canal, and completely surrounded.....

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 26, 2020, at 3:40 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

6 weeks ago, Anse Marcel was still not repaired (from the Hurricane damages)

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 08:33:09 PM UTC, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

There are several good marinas. Both on the Dutch side, in Simpson Bay, and on the French side, on the north. Anse Marcel Marina, on the French side, is very protected.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jan 26, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi All I  would love a recommendation on where to leave my boat for a month in Saint Martin (Dockage)
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour

Courtney Gorman

Thanks so much for the information
Alexandre I will be there near the end of March
Cheers
Courtney

On Jan 26, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

[...]

Arno Luijten

Hi Courtney,

We have been living in the marina of Fort Louis, Marigot for several months now. Last year we lived for 8 months here as well. Although the marina is a bit of a mess, as location it is the best. They did start renovations since a few months now but the speed is amazingly slow. If you are talking about unattended docking I don’t recommend Fort Louis. Island water world is to be preferred. Do make reservations!

We are currently St Maarten residents living aboard our Amel during the boating season. Alex Ramseyer with his Amel is in Island waterworld at least until February.

Anse Marcel is still a dump, nobody knows when they will start repairs there. Oyster Pond the same. Bobby’s Marina is a complicated story (don’t ask). IGY marina is  expensive, just like Port the Plaisance. Be aware the Heineken regatta is early March so berths are difficult/expensive to get.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121

eric freedman

Hi,
I am very happy leaving Kimberlite at Island Water World marina. It is
inexpensive compared to other marinas,
Currently there are 2 Amel's there.
Fair Winds
Eric