Topics

Saint Maarten

Courtney Gorman

Thanks so much Alexandre
Here’s my email Itsfun1@... and phone 7656038743
I arrive 27 March and Depart April 18 however am off Island From the 28-17 please if you are around I would like to buy

On a beer and meet
Cheers 🍻
Courtney
Jan 28, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

Hello Courtney,

Depending where you are docked at Island Water World.

If it is on the “Outside” (by that I mean the slip facing the Lagoon or South-West) then no worries.

If you are on the “inside” (where I was) so facing the building or fuel dock (oriented North-East), then when you enter the marina, do not motor closed to the dock as it is shallow, despite having dredge it for you when I went (2017), it is better you stay in the middle (or further from the dock).

In 2017 (pre Hurricane Irma) they loan bicycles, could refill your propane tanks (note it is a mix of butane and propane), had weekly shuttle to Carrefour super market (wonderful)…

I should be there toward mid or end of Feb through March, possibly longer…

Hope we meet. I will likely rent cars, so will be glad to give you a tour of the island if you haven't done it yet.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 02:10:37 PM UTC, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <itsfun1@...> wrote:

Alexandre Rhona sends her best!

From: "Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io" <uster@...>
Date: 1/28/20 5:05 PM (GMT-04:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

That would have been my preferred choice (being walking distance from Carrefour), but back then it was considerably more expensive than IWW (Island Water World).

Nice they f8ih.r  7inish repairing the pool!

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 09:02:09 PM UTC, Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

An alternative marina that is within very  5th f8dinghy distance to Island Water World is Yacht Club Port de Plaisance on Cole Bay, Sint Maarten.  Very quiet, not expensive, and includes unlimited free access to a lap pool and a very nice gym.  We spent one month there in May/June 2019 and really enjoyed it.

[...]

The rate for 31 days was $1067.95.

[...]

At Island Water World, it is $650 per month.
$1068 is 64% more than $650, not exactly (what I consider as) "slightly" more...
but again was, probably is now again, a nice property.