Topics

salt water leaking out of speed sensor

Randall Walker

Speed sensor. I have been on the hard for a few months now prepping to be splashed in 3 weeks.
I have water (salty) a very small amount seeping from the speed sensor at the front of the keel. My question is has anyone ever had to find the route to the sensor within the keel?

Randall,
A-54 #56

It is in a PVC tube which may fill with water, if the sensor in the tube is not sealed with RTV silicone. It isn't a problem since the inside end of the tube is well above the water line. Take a photo of the sensor/leak and send it to me. I'll give you more info after I see the photo. brouse@...

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St