Saltwater Manifolds, Primary and Secondary Late Model SMs & All 54s

TO: All interested:

CC: Laura at SOFOMARIN

Primary Saltwater Manifold for a 54 or late model SM

I do not yet have a photo from SOFOMARIN, of the one that is being designed, but below is a photo of the original made of copper. Hopefully, SOFOMARIN will have something that can be put in place of the original copper. If this happens I suggest that all A54 owners buy it from SOFOMARIN. Likewise, ALL late-model SM owners should do the same, because this part is the same on both the SM and 54.
image.png

SOFOMARIN has also designed a Secondary Saltwater Manifold for late model SMs and one for all A54s.

This is the SM Manifold (Note this is not the finished product. This is a mock-up sample)
image.png

This is the 54 Secondary Saltwater Manifold with optional 90-degree hose barbs:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 1:51 PM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Ralph AND Nicole e Nilson,

AND all other Amel 54 owners (you should do this, also)

I believe that today SOFOMARIN visited Laurens Vos's Amel 54 to take measurements. SOFOMARIN is the supplier to Amel for all specialized valves and manifolds for the Amel 55, 50 & 60. They make high-quality components for Amel that have a much longer life than the copper and bronze manifolds and valves the Amel previously used.

Please contact Laura <contact@...>. Be sure to tell her I asked you to contact her.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 7:04 AM Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:
Hallo Bill,

I would be interested in purchasing one of the Amel 54 Primary Saltwater Manifold.

My one also shows signs of corrosion. Probably just an optic issue, but I would prefer one in stron plastic.

Ralph

Alan Leslie

Thanks Bill,
When you say "late model SM", do you have a hull number range in mind?
We are 437, so I guess we are "late model".
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Alan,

Good question. I apologize for the lack of clarity.

Late-model SM for this is defined as a SM that has both Primary and Secondary Saltwater Manifolds, generally, those SM's that were built with electric flushing needed 2 more connections to saltwater, which was served by adding a Secondary Saltwater Manifold.

I am hopeful that this late-model Primary Saltwater Manifold will also work for early model SMs, but it will need to be tested by an owner to be sure.
Bill

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 4:51 AM Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill,
When you say "late model SM", do you have a hull number range in mind?
We are 437, so I guess we are "late model".
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Nicolas Klene

Hello Bill

What is the main interest of changing our manifold for a plug & play one in a different  material than cooper?
Rust prevention only ? It is in an awkward place and permanently fixed to the raw water strainer !
Kind regards

Nicolas Klene
DarNico
SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Nick,

Over time corrosion will have enough effect that you will want to replace the copper. You have about 8 more years before you need to worry about it.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 12:31 PM Nicolas Klene via groups.io <laixoi=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Bill

What is the main interest of changing our manifold for a plug & play one in a different  material than cooper?
Rust prevention only ? It is in an awkward place and permanently fixed to the raw water strainer !
Kind regards

Nicolas Klene
DarNico
SM2K # 471
In Marseille

Nicolas Klene

Thank you bill
I have already send an email to Sofomarin expressing my interest in a new part !
Let’s be in favour of pro active maintenance , again , your help is invaluable Bill ,
Merci beaucoup !!!
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico