Topics

Santorin Bow Thruster/genoa furler breaker.

Ian Park

I can’t find any breaker for the bow thruster and genoa furler motor. There is a 100amp fuse located in the bow thruster recess near the solenoids.
also when I turned off the main 12v power for the boat the furler and bow thruster were still live! I think an extra live main bus stud was added as so many wires were on the original. I need to investigate this pdq! But in the interim can any one tell be if and where the ‘disrupteur’ might be located on a Santorin. It is not in the bow thruster locker of either of the forward lockers in the fore cabin.

thanks.

Ian, your model and hull number...it makes a big difference.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:58 AM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:
I can’t find any breaker for the bow thruster and genoa furler motor. There is a 100amp fuse located in the bow thruster recess near the solenoids.
also when I turned off the main 12v power for the boat the furler and bow thruster were still live! I think an extra live main bus stud was added as so many wires were on the original. I need to investigate this pdq! But in the interim can any one tell be if and where the ‘disrupteur’ might be located on a Santorin. It is not in the bow thruster locker of either of the forward lockers in the fore cabin.

thanks.

Craig Briggs

Ian,
On our SN (#68) the bow thruster and Foc furler are hard wired with no fuse or circuit breaker (diruptor). Real men don't need them ;-)
The 100amp fuse (mine is Blue Seas pop-up breaker style) is for the anchor windlass.

The main 12v power only kills power to the relay switches at the helm (same as turning off the "joy stick" breaker on the main DC panel). So when you say turning that off still left the BT and furler live, you were probing at the BT solenoid line terminals (not load), right, and the solenoids were actually inoperable from the helm switches. That seems safe enough, that is, you couldn't accidentally operate them from the helm.

If you want to actually kill the power to the bow thruster and furler, just turn off your main battery switch - remote twist handle in the port cockpit lazarette locker, next to the helm.  If you have a fuse in the main battery feed, that's your safety for a dead short at the furler/bow thruster. If not you'll have one heck of a cabin heater.

Cheers, Craig

ste.dente

Hi Yan,
my Santorin # 93 has a “ disruptor “ for furled and bow truster. I will send you a photo next week, when I will come back onboard.
Have a nice time

Stefania Dente
SN # 93 Euploia
Bocca di Magra
Italy

Il giorno 11 lug 2020, alle ore 03:27, Craig & Katherine Briggs SN 68 Sangaris Tropic Isle Harbor, FL via groups.io <sangaris@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Hi Stefania,
If you could post the photo here it would be great - I'm curious.
Craig

ste.dente

Hallo SN Amelians,
bere are the photo of my bow truster “station” with the electrical connections. If you need more infos, I’ll be glad to help.
Fair wind

Stefania Dente
SN 93
Bocca di Magra (Italy)

ste.dente

Stefania Dente

Craig Briggs

Thanks, Stefania - It would seem Amel added the circuit breaker some time after my hull #68 (1992) and your # 93 - I think Ian was closer to mine.
Craig

Ian Park

I think it has been added by a previous owner. My hull is later - no. 96. Nice idea!

Ian

On 17 Jul 2020, at 19:53, Craig & Katherine Briggs SN 68 Sangaris Tropic Isle Harbor, FL via groups.io <sangaris@...> wrote:

Thanks, Stefania - It would seem Amel added the circuit breaker some time after my hull #68 (1992) and your # 93 - I think Ian was closer to mine.
Craig

eric freedman

Hi What Model and number is your boat?
Fair Winds