Topics

Santorin Genoa Furler Motor

Ian Park

I am having trouble sourcing brushes and springs for the 12v furling motor. It is made by Bosch but the serial number on the motor is not recognised by Bosch. Does anyone know any more detail about the motor? I have had quotes for fabricating brushes and springs at a considerable price.

Ian

Ocean Hobo Santorin No. 96 (1994)

Ian,

I am sure you are aware that if you find an oversized brush, you can grind it to size.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020, 1:13 AM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:

I am having trouble sourcing brushes and springs for the 12v furling motor. It is made by Bosch but the serial number on the motor is not recognised by Bosch. Does anyone know any more detail about the motor? I have had quotes for fabricating brushes and springs at a considerable price.

Ian

Ocean Hobo Santorin No. 96 (1994)

Craig Briggs

Hi Ian,
Not sure if this will help but my motor is labeled (pic below):
165
Bosch
0136 350 008
JRA <-> 12v 1000W 3100 1/MIN
S2 10 Min
Made in Germany

I googled Bosch 0-136-350 and got a hit on a motor that looks like ours, I think, although it's labeled 0-136-350-011.
Seems like we should be able to get inexpensive stock brushes, but I didn't spot them.

Good luck hunting,
Craig

Ian Park

Thanks Craig,
Mine’s pretty much identical. The first number is 065 instead of 165 and the last three digits in the serial number are 009 instead of 008. I tried to upload a photo of mine but it’s not working!
All my motors are with a car alternator/starter rebuild company. The sail motors are old Fiat starter motors. He got the brushes for these easily but the tension springs he finally managed to source from Poland. He’s still working on the genoa motor which he says is not a starter motor.

When it’s all sorted I’ll post any details on sourcing the parts. The Bosch motor must have a solution!

Best wishes

Ian
Sent from my iPad