Santorin ketch vs sloop

Paul Harries

Anyone know how many Santorin Ketches vs sloops we're made and when the last ketches were produced?
Thankyou
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer

Loïc TAUZIN

It was built between 1989 ans 1997 at 150 numbers...I think 100 ketchs and 50 sloops...

Le mer. 25 mai 2022, 23:00, Paul Harries via groups.io <Pharries=yahoo.com@groups.io> a écrit :
Anyone know how many Santorin Ketches vs sloops we're made and when the last ketches were produced?
Thankyou
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer

david bruce

Hi Paul.  We own a sloop and have been using the numbers 180K/20S, although not sure exactly where those figures came from.  If you have questions re the sloop rig feel free to PM me.   Dave

On 26 May 2022, at 5:04 AM, Loïc TAUZIN <loictaz340@...> wrote:

It was built between 1989 ans 1997 at 150 numbers...I think 100 ketchs and 50 sloops...

Le mer. 25 mai 2022, 23:00, Paul Harries via groups.io <Pharries=yahoo.com@groups.io> a écrit :
Anyone know how many Santorin Ketches vs sloops we're made and when the last ketches were produced?
Thankyou
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer

JOHN HAYES

Hi Paul

I have a santorin ketch built in late 1991

Probably won’t point as well as a sloop but I have sailed the pacific and sub Antarctic and have been really happy with my purchase made 5 years ago
The boat had 3 previous owners and been sailed to New Zealand after a soft life in the Med!

It sat here for sale for 4 years until I paid for it without setting a foot on it!  I expected to do a refit sails, electronics, furler motors and running rigging and engine;  and purposely sailed in strong winds and big seas to see what would break. First to go was a rutland wind generator that disintegrated in 45 knots but the hull mast and rigging are exceptionally solid. The boats design features are well thought out eg formed tubes for wiring and straight forward to work on
And to my surprise original items like furling gear boxes bonfiglioli can still be purchased new. The Volvo 2d50 slots in without modification to the engine bed designed for the original 50 hp Perkins etc
 The only thing I would have liked to see is an inner forestay but that is probably to deal with my head rather than the boats need

Best of luck with whatever you purchase but with a ketch rig you can sail as a sloop or ketch and convert from one to the other in a couple of minute’s

John Hayes
Nga Waka
Wellington

On 26/05/2022, at 8:00 AM, Paul Harries via groups.io <Pharries@...> wrote:

Anyone know how many Santorin Ketches vs sloops we're made and when the last ketches were produced?
Thankyou
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer

This will answer your Santorin question and more

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550