From: Dirk Hazenoot Maramu Huli 171 via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 5, 2021 2:15 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Shaftseal

Hello Amel friends and girlfriends,

Our shaft seal needs to be replaced. Now there are several good shaft seals on the market, such as a PSS or a Volvo shaft seal. But what is the best for an Amel Maramu with 60 horse power? I would like to know which type of shaft seal you have had good experiences with. Thank you very much for your response.

eric freedman

Do you have a straight shaft on Act II?

If you are referring to a stuffing box. I used this stuffing box on my Tartan 37 . I put about 20,000 miles on it without any problems.

The nice feature is that it can be tightened with a big screwdriver and a hammer.

No wrench is needed.

https://www.spartanmarine.com/all-products/notched-stuffing-box-series

Fair Winds

Eric