Topics

Sharki engine mounts

milnchris <no_reply@...>

We have a 1980 Sharki with a Perkins 4108 and the rubber in the back
engine mounts has deteriorated. Does anyboody know whether these are
a Perkins part or do they come from Amel. If so who do we contact in
Amel to replace these and any other Amel parts? Can we replace just
the rubber or does the whole part need replacing?

Thanks.
Chris & Millie
Yacht "Sugar"
Sharki No 24

amelmango <chiefnelson@hotmail.com> <chiefnelson@...>

"Sugar"
Not sure about your Sharki, but on my Mango Amel with a Perkins 4-
236, Amel made the engine mounts in-house. They are very good mounts
and when it was time to replace the rubber isolation pieces Amel had
them in stock. Not only that, but they were 1/4 of the price of new
Perkins mounts even if you find them in some size that would fit.
Replacing the rubber was straightforward once I had the mounts on the
bench, so contact Amel and I'd bet they'll be able to help you out.
Best Regards,
-Adam

milnchris <no_reply@...>

Thanks Adam,
Appreciate the advice. Perhaps you have contact details of who in
Amel we should ask as we did send Amel an email with on response.
Thanks for the help.
Regards
Chris & Millie

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "amelmango
<chiefnelson@h...>" <chiefnelson@h...> wrote:
"Sugar"
Not sure about your Sharki, but on my Mango Amel with a Perkins
4-
236, Amel made the engine mounts in-house. They are very good
mounts
and when it was time to replace the rubber isolation pieces Amel
had
them in stock. Not only that, but they were 1/4 of the price of
new
Perkins mounts even if you find them in some size that would fit.
Replacing the rubber was straightforward once I had the mounts on
the
bench, so contact Amel and I'd bet they'll be able to help you out.
Best Regards,
-Adam

amelmango <chiefnelson@hotmail.com> <chiefnelson@...>

"Sugar"
JY. Selo is the head of Amel After-sales Department.
Phone: +33(0)546 55 17 31
Fax: +33(0)546 45 43 03
Email: amel@...

What you are after is:
Jeu de silentblocs caoutchoucs moteur 4108

Best regards,
-Adam