Topics

Sharki shaft alternator

Gerhard Mueller

Mark
Coming back to your picture of the gearbox.
I have been searching now for my gearbox sticker but it was difficult to read because this sticker was at baboard side of the gearbox.
As far as I can see the manufacturer is "Hurth" and the type should be "HBW-20-3R". Type HBW-20 is for sure but the ratio (3R) is guessed only because so hard to read.
However it is the same gearbox you have. The oil type is ATF-A and the oil quantity should be 0.3 liters. On top of the gearbox is no ID plate but only the ATF-A sticker.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Gerhard Mueller

Aras
I don't have a red light but only a green light at the panel for the shaft alternator.

I do have however a red light at the main panel for the second alternator of the engine and a red light for the first engine alternator at the engine panel.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

marklesparkle59

Thanks Gerhard,
Little by little...
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

I don't have a red light but only a green light at the panel for the shaft alternator.

I do have however a red light at the main panel for the second alternator of the engine and a red light for the first engine alternator at the engine panel.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Dom

Hi, here is the sticker of my Sharki

marklesparkle59

Thank you Gerhard this is very interesting and useful information. I am compiling an inventory of my Sharki, do you think it is something all Sharki owners would contribute to and use? It could be invaluable for maintenance, replacing equipment and best practise tips. Do owners already have them?
Incidentally Sea Hobo will welcome visitors from the EU and the rest of the world while we sort out our appalling attitudes on our forlorn little island.
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

Coming back to your picture of the gearbox.
I have been searching now for my gearbox sticker but it was difficult to read because this sticker was at baboard side of the gearbox.
As far as I can see the manufacturer is "Hurth" and the type should be "HBW-20-3R". Type HBW-20 is for sure but the ratio (3R) is guessed only because so hard to read.
However it is the same gearbox you have. The oil type is ATF-A and the oil quantity should be 0.3 liters. On top of the gearbox is no ID plate but only the ATF-A sticker.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

marklesparkle59

That is brilliant,  thank you.

Sent from my Samsung device

Gerhard Mueller

Cigale
many, many thanks for your pictures. Very helpful.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60