Topics

Shore Power Plug

rbenven44 <no_reply@...>

What kind of shore power plug is needed in US and Caribbean marinas?
(For instance, 30 Amp or 50 Amp?) We have been in Europe since 1997,
and don't know what is standard in American waters.
Thanks.

stargazer41amel <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., rbenven44 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
What kind of shore power plug is needed in US and Caribbean
marinas?
(For instance, 30 Amp or 50 Amp?) We have been in Europe since
1997,
and don't know what is standard in American waters.
Thanks.
You are going to find one or the other amperage at the various
marinas depending on the age of the marina and what size boats they
can accomodate. Our last marina only had 30 AMP. Our current marina
has 50 AMP so we purchased a Y adapter to accomodate our two 30 AMP
cords. The newer marinas are going with 50 AMP to accomdate the
larger boats that offer more revenue to their businesses. Best to be
prepared for both. ~~/)~~