Sidepower oil loss

Alexander Ramseyer

Hi,
my Sidepower bowthruster seems to loose oil. I'm regularly refilling the small plastic tank that sits next to it and it regularly empties again.
Did somebody on this forum have the same problem?
Is there a seal kit or similar available to tackle the problem?
Best, Alex
sv NO STRESS
AMEL54#15

Dominique Sery

Hello Alexander,
I had the same problem. There was a leak on the small plastic tank, i remove it and put another one.
Dominique
Irko A54#16

The issue I see is if the lower unit loses oil, you will not know it unless you have this oil reservoir installed. The only part that I have not identified is the hose barb that screws into the top of the lower unit replacing a plug.

The Oil Container Reservoir Bottle with Holder from Sleipner Side-Power is part number 200300 and the SidePower Hose and Clamps is part number 200400. I have wondered why Amel stopped installing this beginning with later model 54s.
Even if you do not use SidePower's parts, an oil reservoir should be simple to install.

image.png
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar