Simpson Davits Remote Control Pairing

Dean Gillies

Hi All,
I have Simpson Davits on my A54-154 and the remote control function has stopped working. The Davits operate fine with the hard-wired buttons. The batteries in the remote are fine and the red (transmit) light on the remote is flickering, so I assume it's transmitting.

The boat was ashore for almost two years without power applied to the Davits, so my first instinct is that the Remote Control Interface on the Davits has "forgotten" the pairing with my remote handset.

Before I go digging seriously, has anyone else experienced this issue?  Any pointers?  Where is the Remote Control Interface located?

I am getting close to the end of my very long to-do list!

Thanks
Dean
SV Stella
A54-154

Dimitris Krasopoulos

The control is in the aft lazarete on the middle there is a manual how to reprogram if necessary

Στάλθηκε από το iPhone of Dimitris Krasopoulos

On Aug 19, 2021, at 10:28 PM, Dean Gillies <stella@...> wrote:

Hi All,
I have Simpson Davits on my A54-154 and the remote control function has stopped working. The Davits operate fine with the hard-wired buttons. The batteries in the remote are fine and the red (transmit) light on the remote is flickering, so I assume it's transmitting.

The boat was ashore for almost two years without power applied to the Davits, so my first instinct is that the Remote Control Interface on the Davits has "forgotten" the pairing with my remote handset.

Before I go digging seriously, has anyone else experienced this issue?  Any pointers?  Where is the Remote Control Interface located?

I am getting close to the end of my very long to-do list!

Thanks
Dean
SV Stella
A54-154

Roque

Dean

I don't know if you have the same model, but maybe this will give you some hints on how to do it in your specific case:

https://youtu.be/juWF6GWMY-A
--
Roque
Attika A54 117

Dean Gillies

Hi Dimitris and Roque,

Good pointers thank you.

Findings so far:
I can confirm that the transmitter unit is T60TX-04STL and the receiver unit is T60RX-04ASL.

I have executed the learning sequence for both fixed and adjustable codes.  However the remote still does not function.
I can see the receiver unit being triggered at the front end when I press a key on the transmitter, but the relays in the receiver do not trigger. Each relay output is showing 24V. I assume these relays pull low, so I'm expecting to see that, but nothing happening.

I will sleep on the problem and try again tomorrow.

Many thanks
Dean

Dean Gillies

Edited

No success this morning.  I go through all of the necessary steps indicated in the manual, the lights flash as expected on each step ... except the last step which is confirmation that the code is programmed.

Made contact with technical support in UK. New Tx and Rx units being dispatched today (220GBP) since we don't know which part is faulty and I'm sailing next week so there's no time left to fault-find further.

Dean
SV Stella
A54-154