SM 2K hull, boot stripe, and rub rail colors

karkauai

Hi Amelians,
Our boat yard lost the colors we picked out last Fall.  Our rail and bootstripe have been primed, so nothing to compare to. I want to use awkgrip on the hull and bootstripe, and Awlcraft on the rail.
I've searched the site and found that some have used Awlgrip Eggshell on the hull. Is that a close match to the original?
We don't want to use the Desert Sand on the bootstripe.
It looks like either International Orange or Vermilion would be pretty close. Any other thoughts on that?

I see Steve used a Trojan battery to custom mix a rub rail
color.  Has anyone used a stock color that is very close to the otiginal? We have the new offwhite gutter cap if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any insight.
Kent & Iris
KRISTY
SM243
Sailing from Chesapeake to Maine for the Summer.

PAOLO CUNEO

Hi Kent, Iris,
Mine is a SM Red Line. I have an old note (possibly I took it at Hiėres years ago) that the color code for the rub rail is RAL 3003. I cannot swear on it but I suggest you check it out.
Hope this helps
Fair winds
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper
Inviato da iPad

--
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

The Super Maramu Red Line and the Amel 54 (except for the last 54s produced) have a rub rail and waterline stripe of RAL 3003 Ruby Red.

I do not have the color of the brown rub rail used on most SMs.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 7:34 AM PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> wrote:
Hi Kent, Iris,
Mine is a  SM Red Line. I have an old note (possibly I took it at Hiėres years ago) that the color code for the rub rail is RAL 3003. I cannot swear on it but I suggest you check it out.
Hope this helps
Fair winds
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper
Inviato da iPad

--
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

karkauai

Thanks, Paolo and Bill.
I'll let the group know what we decide to do and send pics.
Kent

--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY