SM Bow Thruster Service in La Rochelle

Michael Fuchs

Hello,

I will take over my newly bought boat this Tuesday in La Rochelle and someone will take her to the Mediteranne starting next Friday.

On the haul out the bow thruster was leaking oil. I would like to have the bow thruster serviced before the boat leaves La Rochelle.

I *think* I have all the spares and tools on board to do the service while in the water and I'm willing to try it on my own. But the first two days on the new boat I have many things to look at and I would prefer to pay someone who can do it for me or at least assist me to be efficient.

Does anyone know someone who can help?

Michael
-
SM#75 Eden (soon "Sulair II")

I assume Amel is closed for summer shut-down.

Have you met the folks at Secteur Blanc in La Rochelle? They do many different things for Amel owners in La Rochelle.
Secteur Blanc, 14, rue Philippe Harlé 17000 La Rochelle, Email : secteurblanc@..., Tél : +33(0) 5 46 45 33 33

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 1:53 PM Michael Fuchs <fuchsmi@...> wrote:
Hello,

I will take over my newly bought boat this Tuesday in La Rochelle and someone will take her to the Mediteranne starting next Friday.

On the haul out the bow thruster was leaking oil. I would like to have the bow thruster serviced before the boat leaves La Rochelle.

I *think* I have all the spares and tools on board to do the service while in the water and I'm willing to try it on my own. But the first two days on the new boat I have many things to look at and I would prefer to pay someone who can do it for me or at least assist me to be efficient.

Does anyone know someone who can help?

Michael
-
SM#75 Eden (soon "Sulair II")

Michael Fuchs

Thanks Bill!
Secteur Blanc is closed for holidays as well as most companies in La Rochelle now. It seems like no companies are available on a short notice here. I got the recommendation to go to the Amel dock and ask the Amel support people directly on the dock. I will do this next week when I'm at the boat.

Michael
-
SM#75 Eden (soon "Sulair II")

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 at 21:14, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

Jeremy Spurr

Hi Michael

You may run into the same “mois d’Aout” problem but I can recommend thoroughly Christophe Moreau christophe@... Chantiers Nautique du Vieux Port, 1 Avenue Albert Einstein - that also work closely with AMEL

Good luck

Jeremy