sv EUTIKIA SM2K n428
SM Leuca
ITALY

Il 10/10/2019 00:24, eric freedman ha scritto:

Thanks

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas Kleman
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 5:18 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] SM deck maintenance-Polytrol

Eric- 2 cans does 3 coats.

Thomas Kleman

I see that Eutikia is 6 boats after L'ORIENT (422). My brown stripes were faded to a ghastly purple when I bought the boat in 2010, which is why I never considered that color when I repainted the stripes. Black has worked for me but I've seen white, beige, and a few other colors on SMs, all looking quite nice. Curious if your brown is still brown.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT SM2K 422

Giovanni TESTA

Yes is still brown, but the pigment went partially away, so I can see the under layer as the deck color, after 11  years sailing around the sun/UV world.
So I m planning to re paint it with original RAL dark brown code I dont know.
Giovanni&Marina
sv EUTIKIA SM 428

Il 10/10/2019 19:55, Thomas Kleman ha scritto:

I see that Eutikia is 6 boats after L'ORIENT (422). My brown stripes were faded to a ghastly purple when I bought the boat in 2010, which is why I never considered that color when I repainted the stripes. Black has worked for me but I've seen white, beige, and a few other colors on SMs, all looking quite nice. Curious if your brown is still brown.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT SM2K 422

John Clark

Hi Giovanni,

In 2017 I addressed the deck on Annie SM37.  The surface structure was sound but the colors had faded badly.  Made the boat look rather shabby.

I used a cream colored Interlux paint(check forum for pictures of the container) for the former dark brown thin strips.  Bugel tool to apply the paint.  Surface preparation is important.  I cleaned the area to be painted with acetone followed by light sanding(following advice from L'Orient).

For the tan or light brown part I was OK with the faded lighter shade, however there were some places were the brown was worn to the base white.  I touched these areas up by mixing small quantities of the cream paint with black brown and yellow color tint to match the local color.  I looked like a mad artist painting the deck.  But it worked just fine.

After two years I have had no problems with the painted areas.  No flaking, fading, color changes or other problems.

Patrick, "Le Mayor du Ponton 4" in Marin has used Polytrol on his deck and recommended it highly. I watched him apply it and it renewed the appearance of his SM decks instantly.

I would be interested in hearing reccomndations regarding the longevity of this product.

John
SV Annie. SM 37
Brunswick GA

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 5:00 AM Giovanni TESTA <giovannitesta53@...> wrote:
Hi to all,
before Polytrol I need to re paint the dark brown thin stripes, do you know the original RAL ?
Many thanks
Giovanni TESTA