SM Genoa Furler question SOLVED

All,

Regarding the bushings pictured below for the genoa furler, the manufacturer for Amel of the genoa furler says,

"The pictured part is not of my manufacture, it could be for the very first genoa gearboxes made before 1995." ~ Pierangelo Vignando

Apparently and previously unknown to me there were at least two different manufacturers/subcontractors for Amel of the genoa furler. The response above is from the last manufacturer of the genoa furler, Pierangelo Vignando.

I believe it is safe to say that these bushings were not needed in any Amel genoa furler made after 1995 and it is doubtful they are needed in any made before 1995.

Bill

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 10:19 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Thanks to all who participated.

BTW, The last generation of the Genoa furler was used on the SN & SM. It seems that the consensus of opinion is that these are not really needed.

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 9:24 AM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:
Bill
Photos of Santorin forestay bush.

27 mm and 37 mm with a 10 mm forestay