Topics

SM Outhaul troubleshooting

Dan Carlson

Hi all, on our last passage I popped the breaker on the mainsail Outhaul a couple times. I disconnected the motor from the Outhaul and was able to reset the breaker and actuate the motor, but the when reconnected it it popped the breaker again.  Now I can't reset the breaker.  1) I've have found lots of posts on removing and rebuilding the outhaul gearbox and motor and plan to do that to get to the source of why, but 2) I would also like some suggestions for trouble shooting and checking through all of the electrical connections to make sure that I don't have other issues there.

Thanks and regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

Dan,

Sent you a private message.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020, 7:15 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Hi all, on our last passage I popped the breaker on the mainsail Outhaul a couple times. I disconnected the motor from the Outhaul and was able to reset the breaker and actuate the motor, but the when reconnected it it popped the breaker again.  Now I can't reset the breaker.  1) I've have found lots of posts on removing and rebuilding the outhaul gearbox and motor and plan to do that to get to the source of why, but 2) I would also like some suggestions for trouble shooting and checking through all of the electrical connections to make sure that I don't have other issues there.

Thanks and regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

Kaplan,Andre

Daniel and Lori
Where can I find posts on rebuilding mainsail outhaul motor and gearbox?

Andre Kaplan
Renaissance 2000
Mango 7188
Westbrook, CT

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***