SM Skeg

Andrew & Kate Lamb

On  the skeg at one of the rudder fixtures there is a screw on either side fixed into I think a Nylon bush. They look like they might be for grease? There is no mention of this being a maintenance point in the Amel documentation. Does anyone know what these screws are for - see photo- perhaps they are just to be removed in the event of lifting of the rudder?

Image.jpeg

Andrew
Ronpische
SM 472
Canet-en-Roussillon

Stefan Jeukendrup

Hi Andrew,

I had to remove the rudder in the past weeks for a succesfull repair.
From what I saw the nylon bushing is just water lubricated. Those 2 screws  on the side hold the bushing in place.
Olaf Bauer made a description of the rudder removal which may help you too: https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/files/AMEL%20SM2K%20Rudder%20Removal/Rudder%20removal%20at%20a%20AMEL%20Super%20Maramu%202000.pdf

Best regards,

Stefan Jeukendrup
sv malaka Queen
SM2k #348 @ Northern Ireland

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Hi Stefan

Many thanks that is very helpful. Sounds like greasing that might actually be harmful.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM #472

Canet-en-roussillon