Topics

Sore head?

Thomas Peacock

Despite many attaching many warning labels, etc, I continued to bump my head for many years on the way down below. A friend came up with this idea. What really makes it work is that it hangs down several inches, but doesn't hurt if you hit it.

--
Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes

Gary Wells

Edited

I still hit my head from time to time and thankfully it's a lot softer these days.

I split a section of pool noodle lengthwise and it pretty much just snaps into place.

Lasts several months before the UV starts degrading it and it starts to "shed"  but it's a cheap solution :)

Cheers!

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Galesville, MD, USA

Mark Garver

I have done something very similar to what Gary posted, actually got the idea from Gary when I ran across him at Cape Charles, however, I bought two swim noodles and put it across the entire area. That way if I am at the helm, entering the companionway or moving the traveler my head is no worse for wear!

Mark Garver
SV It’s Good
Gloucester, VA

On Aug 28, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:

Despite many attaching many warning labels, etc, I continued to bump my head for many years on the way down below. A friend came up with this idea. What really makes it work is that it hangs down several inches, but doesn't hurt if you hit it.

--
Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay