Kimden: Peter Tiner <peter.tiner@...>
Tarih: 24.02.2020 15:52 (GMT+03:00)
Alıcı: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Konu: [AmelYachtOwners] Spade 180 on a 54

Hi all Amelians

I have a Wasi Bugel 42Kg fitted to my 54 and i´m going to switch to i think a 44Kg Spade. Yes, i know it´s big but i´m into "when your neighbors starts laughing , then it´s big enough".
Now the tricky question, does it fit?
Has anyone experience or have seen such on a 54?
I did come across a pic which looks like a 44 or even 55Kg on a 54, Amanin (see below). When browsing the forum i see that Mr Halidun Karagoz has been around here and maybe still is. If so i´d happy for some comments.

Regards

\Peter  SY Maiken A54 #52

Peter Tiner

Hi Haldun

Thanks for a quick answer. Sorry i misspelled your name.

Some questions which you hopefully could easily  answer:
  1. Do you think its the 55kg which is on the picture?
  2. Did you have a second anchor next to the Spade 55Kg? if so which?
  3. Did you have any problems with fitting it to the bow? Any specials?
  4. When winching it up and back into its fitting, any problems?
Best regards

\Peter SY Maiken A54 #52

Halidun Karagoz

Peter,
It is the 55kg Spade on the picture, it fits perfectly when snug. Wasi is demoted as the second anchor. Sorry, i'm away and i can not attach any photos now.  Windlass is strong enough to handle 55 kgs. No problems so far for about 10 years.
Cheers
Haldun
svAmanin A54#164
Gokova

Thanks for a quick answer. Sorry i misspelled your name.

Some questions which you hopefully could easily  answer:
  1. Do you think its the 55kg which is on the picture?
  2. Did you have a second anchor next to the Spade 55Kg? if so which?
  3. Did you have any problems with fitting it to the bow? Any specials?
  4. When winching it up and back into its fitting, any problems?
Best regards

\Peter SY Maiken A54 #52

Courtney Gorman

Haldun could you comment about how the spade does in tougher anchoring situations?  Poor bottom, deep, ect
thanks
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101

Thanks for a quick answer. Sorry i misspelled your name.

Some questions which you hopefully could easily  answer:
  1. Do you think its the 55kg which is on the picture?
  2. Did you have a second anchor next to the Spade 55Kg? if so which?
  3. Did you have any problems with fitting it to the bow? Any specials?
  4. When winching it up and back into its fitting, any problems?
Best regards

\Peter SY Maiken A54 #52

Halidun Karagoz

Hi Courtney,
It was a fellow 54 owner, Jerome, the former owner of No Stress, who pointed at my Wasi and said: that Wasi is a joke, replace it with a Spade 55kg ASAP,  and thank me later. That's exactly what i did, and i am grateful for the advice ever since. Spade worked very well for me in almost all conditions throughout the years.
Cheers
Haldun
sv Amanin A54#164

Thanks for a quick answer. Sorry i misspelled your name.

Some questions which you hopefully could easily  answer:
  1. Do you think its the 55kg which is on the picture?
  2. Did you have a second anchor next to the Spade 55Kg? if so which?
  3. Did you have any problems with fitting it to the bow? Any specials?
  4. When winching it up and back into its fitting, any problems?
Best regards

\Peter SY Maiken A54 #52

Courtney Gorman

Thanks I appreciate the information

Thanks for a quick answer. Sorry i misspelled your name.

Some questions which you hopefully could easily  answer:
  1. Do you think its the 55kg which is on the picture?
  2. Did you have a second anchor next to the Spade 55Kg? if so which?
  3. Did you have any problems with fitting it to the bow? Any specials?
  4. When winching it up and back into its fitting, any problems?
Best regards

\Peter SY Maiken A54 #52

Peter Tiner

Haldun

Thanks a lot for your answers. I think this, after a lot of research, settles it for me, so it will be the Spade X180 besides the demoted Wasi 42Kg.

Again thanks and best regards

\Peter SY Maiken #52