Spare parts availability in Galveston

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi all,

Would anyone know if it is possible to buy Jabsco quiet flush motor and minor service kit in Galveston? Also the Frigoboat seawater pump?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
tel: +44 (0)7710 466619

skype: pauldowd
web:
https://my.yb.tl/yafohi

--
Cheers
Paul

David Dickman

Hi Paul and Sharon,
    We are sisterships and close.  I have A54 #100, Galini, in Kemah.  Is Galveston your home?  Love to get together sometime.

In answer to your question, I have several bilgepump service kits (3), if that helps, but not the sewater pump.  Most of the specific kit parts I am getting from Alban Leroy at Amel (

amel.caraibes@...in Martinique.

Best,
    David

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 7:00 AM Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Would anyone know if it is possible to buy Jabsco quiet flush motor and minor service kit in Galveston? Also the Frigoboat seawater pump?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
tel: +44 (0)7710 466619

skype: pauldowd
web:
https://my.yb.tl/yafohi

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Paul,

West Marine on Broadway is the best place in Galveston. That said, although they can order the parts you need, they will likely have no stock of anything for a larger sailboat and 24 volts. I live in Galveston. Let me know if you need transportation anywhere.

  • West Marine Galveston
  • 5926 Broadway St
  • Galveston, TX
  • 77551
  • Call: 409-741-8052

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 8:51 AM David Dickman <jdd91656@...> wrote:
[...]

   I assume from Bill's response that you are not local, but in transit.  If so, I can look at the West Marine here in Kemah for the parts you need, as well as another chandlery, Blackburn's Marine (2030 Marina Bay Dr, Kemah, TX 77565, United States

Phone: +1 281 334 5474).

Can you send the specific part numbers?

David

Galini

A54 #100

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 11:32 AM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

Jason Rutledge

I think an Amel owners group, Galveston meetup is in order.  I'm available and can also pick anything up that's needed.  David,  I'm in Sugar land and my SM is in Grenada.  I'd love to come see your 54 sometime.
--
Jason Rutledge
SV Liahona

David Dickman

Hi Jason!
    Good to hear from you.  Why don't you join our weekend warrior sail group sometime soon?  I will be traveling abroad from July 22 - 28, then again from Aug 3 - 8, but after that would love to meet up.  My cell phone is 832-649-0624.

Best,
   David
    SV Galini
     A54 #100

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 6:12 PM Jason Rutledge <jasonrutledge1@...> wrote:
I think an Amel owners group, Galveston meetup is in order.  I'm available and can also pick anything up that's needed.  David,  I'm in Sugar land and my SM is in Grenada.  I'd love to come see your 54 sometime.
--
Jason Rutledge
SV Liahona
SM 335

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. We’re actually going to be in Houston on a business related trip, the boat is in Grenada where we’re headed after Houston. I was just hoping that I may find these parts in Galveston rather than getting them I the UK.

David, the part numbers I have are:

Minor service kit

90197-0000

Pump, quiet flush