Spots on the cushions in the aft cabin

Eric Freedman

I have some spots on the cushions against the hull and under the mattress.

What have some of you used to remove these spots?

It’s probably some kind of mold.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Bertrand Quénot

Hi Eric
We faced that once on our original beige mattress covers.
We used bleach lightly diluted with hot water and brushed the entire covers to avoid marks.
However we suspect that this process on darker colours could potentially leave visible marks.
Bertrand
SV ANTINEA A54#43

Le 21 sept. 2022 à 09:00, Eric Freedman <kimberlite.ef@...> a écrit :

I have some spots on the cushions against the hull and under the mattress.

What have some of you used to remove these spots?

It’s probably some kind of mold.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Stefan Jeukendrup

 "Vanish" oxygen activated cleaner worked well on the mattress cover and the padding around the bed.

Stefan Jeukendrup
Sv Malaka Queen
SM2k #348 @Tanger, Morocco

Op 21 sep. 2022 20:00 schreef Eric Freedman <kimberlite.ef@...>:

I have some spots on the cushions against the hull and under the mattress.

What have some of you used to remove these spots?

It’s probably some kind of mold.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Donna uses White vinegar in a spray bottle to kill the spores and once it is dry she sponges the stain with detergent and water.

Suggest you try this in a small spot to test.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #357

--
Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond
SV Intrepid Kiwi

Bill Kinney

We use a lot of "OxyClean"--an American brand of the sodium percarbonate based cleaners.  Does an excellent job on a LOT of stuff.  What ever local brand you find, will do as well.

Bill Kinney
SM160,  Harmonie
Port Louis, Grenada
http://www.cruisingconsulting.com

Paul Harries

Have you tried an enzymatic cleaner. Just make sure is has dual enzyme. The stuff digests mould and then it washes off.
When it works it has advantage of not bleaching
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer