Topics

Sq. footage of hull

Patrick McAneny

I am buying Interprotect 2000 and I want to order the correct number of gallons to do three coats. Does anyone know how many sq. feet the hull is on a SM ? If I ever knew I have forgotten.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Pat we are about to antifoul our SM2K and we did the calculations as follows:

To paint a 14.5 (lwl) x 4.6 x 2.1 fin-keeled-racing, with 3 coats

You'll need 14 litres

Regards

Ross and Donna

SV Intrepid Kiwi

SM2K #356

Currently in Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 9:07 pm, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

I am buying Interprotect 2000 and I want to order the correct number of gallons to do three coats. Does anyone know how many sq. feet the hull is on a SM ? If I ever knew I have forgotten.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Mark Erdos

Pat,

I don’t know the sq ft but, I have always estimated 4 gallons for three coats. Also, I add an extra gallon for extra paint at the water-line and downward about one foot. Total: 5 gallons.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

I am buying Interprotect 2000 and I want to order the correct number of gallons to do three coats. Does anyone know how many sq. feet the hull is on a SM ? If I ever knew I have forgotten.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Pat,

I can tell you that the many times we painted the bottom, it took most of a 20-liter pale (available in most parts of the world). We painted 2 full coats and a 3rd on the waterline, keel, skeg, and rudder.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar