Topics

SSB antennas and Bikes

itacknjibe

Hi Amel owners,
We will take delivery of a SM2000 May 5, 2003 in La Rochelle, and
I've ordered my SSB (Icom 802) and am wondering what you all do for
an antenna. I understand that Amel is of the opinion that we should
have whip antennas, but do any of you have a backstay antenna on a
SM? If so, did Amel do it or arrange it?
Secondly, any opinions from you experienced cruisers on the value
of folding bikes? I've heard various opinions - some say they have
them but wouldn't get them again. There is certainly room in the
aft "garage", but I'm not sure if they are usefull enough to justify
the space and weight they require.
I've learned a lot since finding this group. Thanks to everyone
who's posted.
Bill and Cathy Nation
Sogno di Mare (to be)