Topics

Standing rigging - France

Mark Barter

We are now the very proud new owners of Nunky which is SM110 from 1993.

Despite her age Nunky is in incredible condition due to the care her former owner lavished on her. As an example, he would only wear white below decks.

Anyway, the only major work required is replacement of the standing rigging. I have a quote for the rigging from ACMO but I need a rigger in The South of France. Nunky is currently in Golfe Juan for the winter.

If anyone can recommend a rigger I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Hi Mark

Congratulations! Bet you guys are really excited! There are riggers in Canet but I don’t know if they are any good I am afraid.

Andrew

SM 472

We are now the very proud new owners of Nunky which is SM110 from 1993.

Despite her age Nunky is in incredible condition due to the care her former owner lavished on her. As an example, he would only wear white below decks.

Anyway, the only major work required is replacement of the standing rigging. I have a quote for the rigging from ACMO but I need a rigger in The South of France. Nunky is currently in Golfe Juan for the winter.

If anyone can recommend a rigger I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Mark Barter

Hi Andrew,

We are very excited. We kissed a few frogs before we came across Nunky but it was worth it.

I am looking forward to participating in this community. I should be able to add quite a bit because the former owner was an incredible engineer and some of the modifications he made are very clever.

Kind regards
Mark
--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky

Hi Mark ,

Welcome to the Amel world . We used the riggers recommended by Amel’s Hyeres office . They really know their stuff . Can’t remember the name of the company but a call to Sonja in that office will direct you to them .

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 Serifos

On 9 Oct 2019, at 15:34, Mark Barter <markbarter100@...> wrote:

We are now the very proud new owners of Nunky which is SM110 from 1993.

Despite her age Nunky is in incredible condition due to the care her former owner lavished on her. As an example, he would only wear white below decks.

Anyway, the only major work required is replacement of the standing rigging. I have a quote for the rigging from ACMO but I need a rigger in The South of France. Nunky is currently in Golfe Juan for the winter.

If anyone can recommend a rigger I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Mark,

I am very happy that this worked out for you.

I have a Preferred Vendor in Malta who often travels Europe to install rigging. I highly recommend that you contact Nicky Sammut to install your ACMO rigging:
Nicky’s Rigging & Marine Services
Mobile +356 79271668
Email. nickysail"at"hotmail.com
ACMO is a recommended Preferred Vendor and will give you a discount. Be sure to share that quote with me to insure the discount.

Nicky has replaced ACMO rigging with ACMO kits on many SMs and 54s. He has also replaced Bamar Furlers on 54s with new generation Bamar and with Reckman furlers. I can assure you that you will not find a better rigger anywhere. He routinely works in Malta at Manoel Island Yacht Yard, which is also a Preferred Vendor and a great yard to haulot. Be sure to tell these Preferred Vendors that you are a client of mine in order to receive your discount.
Manoel Island Yacht Yard
Gzira GZR 3013,
Malta – Europe
General Email: info"at"yachtyard-malta.com Phone: (+356) 2133 4453/4 also Andrew Wilson <AWilson"at"yachtyard-malta.com>

If you haulout at Manoel, be sure to have antifouling and polishing applied by Alex and his uncle: Contact for Alex is ‎boatcarealex"at"gmail.com
‎Mobile Phone +356 9942 9724. They are fabulous. Tell Alex that you are a client.

Bill
--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 8:16 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
[...]

Mark Garver <mgarver@...>

Congratulations Mark! Our SM, It's Good is #105 also from 1993 and we love her, she has been very good to us. Welcome to the family, or the cult! :)

Mark and Jennifer Garver
SV It's Good
SM #105

On October 9, 2019 at 8:34 AM, Mark Barter <markbarter100@...> wrote:

We are now the very proud new owners of Nunky which is SM110 from 1993.

Despite her age Nunky is in incredible condition due to the care her former owner lavished on her. As an example, he would only wear white below decks.

Anyway, the only major work required is replacement of the standing rigging. I have a quote for the rigging from ACMO but I need a rigger in The South of France. Nunky is currently in Golfe Juan for the winter.

If anyone can recommend a rigger I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Craig Briggs SN 68 Sangaris

Hi Mark and Congratulations -
Suggest you do it yourself for 3 reasons: you'll do it right, you'll learn your rigging, you'll have fun. Oh, and you'll save money.
FWIW,
Craig

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Mark;

I second Bill’s remarks. Nicky has replaced rigging and performed other work on Kokomo. He is as conscientious and fast, as they come. I would highly recommend him.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

[...]

Orion Martin

Congratulations to you. I am in the market for an SM and looked at Nunky a few times online. The deck looks simply amazing for her age, (redone in recent times perhaps?) and attention to detail was noticeable throughout the photos. May she keep you safe and happy:)

Mark Barter

Yes, the decks are amazing. The former owner was an absolute perfectionist so the level of workmanship is outstanding.
--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky

Charles Macdonald

Hi Mark,
I have done my rigging withe Secteur Blanc at La Rochelle. Amel Hyères may do it too but my dealings with them were not so good.
Charles
SV Inuit