Topics

Stargazer ... a 1986 41' Amel Sharki

stargazer41amel...

We are in the process of moving to Charleston, SC
to Bohicket Marina. We are liveaboards
currently.(except for the fact we are living with my in-laws
between the freshwater lake and the coast) This our next
phase of our goal towards Cruising.<br><br>We at the
present are peeling the hull, repainting the upper hull
and masts/booms and revarnishing all exterior wood
and cabin sole.<br><br>We are doing this job in
Columbia, SC where we have lived aboard for 10 years.
(lived on the Amel for 6 of those years)<br><br>We have
completely replaced all systems except the autopilot. New
refrigerator/water heater/new stainless steel galley (yep, we cut
out the damaged mahogany galley) pumps, water lines,
ash tongue/groove ceilings, new Lewmar hatches. We
installed an inverter, beefed up the battery
bank.<br><br>Our next big expense will be the engine in about 2
years. <br><br>We are also in the process of applying
new non-skid. So we have our hands full over the next
Amel owners of older models as we tackle new projects.
So we would like to hear from you on your
re-fittings successes and difficulties.<br><br>The new Amels
are gorgeous and we know that you will enjoy the
newer and improved Amels. <br><br>I love my 41' as I
(Delores) can completely handle her on my own without my
husband's (Gene) help. He does travel a bit and I take her
out for weekends sailing and anchoring when he is
gone.<br><br>Once we get to the coast I will learn to handle her in
the tides and currents. <br><br>Gotta go and eat
supper. Later, Delores and Gene Carter